T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to setting up things to launch my t-shirts shop, i need to open a gallery to welcome designers submissions. But when you don't have lots of money at the beginning, it's hard (=impossible) to offer $1000 (more exactly $750 and $250 store credit) like a Threadless.com to the winners of the tee shirt design competition. Some offer 300$, others a mix of money and some tee shirts... I'd like to begin with 5 different designs, what do you think is the best to offer to make the contest interesting for designers?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Is this going to be your business model or is this just to start out? If it's the former then perhaps you should think about giving a t-shirt with the winning design as opposed to a set amount of money. A small fee won't be an incentive and a large fee may be a burden to your company as you start. Also, you could just commission a couple of designs from a graphic artist...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sarafina, thank you for answering me! No not a business model, i do hope the shop grows fast so i can offer much better than this, it would be just to start out. Yes 1 or several t-shirts may be good, i was wandering how small a fee can be considered by graphist artists, maybe it's just if they like the project, if they find it cool, interesting... I was also thinking of commissionning someone but i'd like different styles, influences... Is someone working this way?

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi dsignchill. i 'm a free lance designer and will be quite happpy to quote you for a couple of shirt designs, depending on what you're looking for. all the shirts on my site are covered by copy but i can design you a couple of new shirts specific to your brand if you let me know what you're after.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts