T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to figure out what press brand/model this is. I also would like to replace the platen bracket so I've included a photo of that as well. Its been giving me some registration problems recently, so I would like to know its name. Thanks for your help!

(all the labels have worn off and i cant read them)

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
I can think of loads of names to call a press that does not register...

Are the different heads numbered? If not, number them. 1 to 4. See if it is just one head that is off or if it is any head. Is it repeatable?

Some things that come to mind...

Shirt pulling up off of platen.
Loose platen.
Loose screen tension on one or more screens.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It repeats. The screen tension should be good but I'll try another. I'm hoping its the platen, but the image movement is so consistent and clean in one direction. Arghh!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does! good eye and thank you! What do the bolts at the base of each arm do? I just have threaded holes but the site has bolts.

·
Registered
174 Posts
They set and control off contact distance between the screen and platen. This needs to be consistent for good registeration. Many folks will tape spacers onto the screen itself to control this distance. The bolts originally controlled this element. Assuming that the screens are parallel to the platen...

·
Registered
12 Posts
It simply adjusts the angle/height at which the head will sit at when it is not in use.

Sometimes big screens bump into each other when 2 are up next to each other. You adjust that bolt so one sits higher than the other and they dont bump(and risk losing registration)

Looking at your photos, I'm sure the problem you're experiencing with holding rego is the fact that your platen is only held on the arm with one bolt. I usually use 3, but you need at least 2, otherwise the platen will pivot just slightly, ruining your rego and day

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you! I had a feeling. Now i have to find someone that does metal work... I'll update post after i get the results. Thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts