T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had a mishap. It was completely my fault and I was in too much of a hurry.

I did 4 other shirts just fine. Then on this 5th one I slipped up, rather the shirt did. I did not apply enough adhesive and bam I got bit.

Now normally I would not worry about this as it is part of the 1-2%(depending on amount) misprints leeway. However, I broke my rule of giving the customer the exact amount of shirts that they asked for to bring to me. They wanted 6 right now so I told them bring me 6.

This is what happens when you break rules I guess...LOL! They are understanding and love the other shirts so much that they want 30 more so that is a saving grace. You can bet that I will have my misprint buffer there though!

How many whoops in a hurry misprint have you had? Do you have a buffer and if so how many shirts do you have as one?
 

Attachments

· Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
When we first started, there were quite a few misprints! Now, I think it's about 1 in a few hundred. They happen, but the more you print, the better you can control the stuff that screws them up, like not taping up registration marks comes to mind...:rolleyes:....We ALWAYS do a print to line up the screens, then another to make sure ALL registration marks and stray pinholes are caught before hand. All platens get adhesive on the SAME cycle so no matter what, a platen isn't missed. 95% of errors can be caught pre-production. The other 5% can still be avoided with proper maintenance like checking for loose or worn press parts, or a screen popping. We go through the presses about every 1500 shirts. We check turnbuckles, micros, springs, shocks, brackets, etc. Screens are check every time they are cleaned for holes, tears, tension. Setting up the off contact and correct cleaning chemicals & procedures can make a HUGE difference. We label our screens with the date we buy them so we can use similar aged screens on jobs. I just coated screens for the morning that are 8 years old and are still in daily rotation. Finally, there is always the chance that the burnt shirt will sneak up on you eventually :D.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
We keep a bunch of old shirts/misprints & crap around to do test prints on. We do 2 or 3 test prints before starting a run to catch all pinholes, register marks etc. Our mess up rate on customer shirts is just about zero. About the only time we ever need to get a replacement is if a customer shirt comes in with a hole in it. Also buy a spot remover gun if you don't have one. Great for getting fingerprints and other blemishes to disappear.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top