T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am just wondering what methods you guys use to price jobs.

Is is set by a hourly rate?, or do certain type of signs jobs (e.g. banner) have a set price?

Thanks

Spacemonky

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I know there is a price guide that can be supplied by vendors selling supplies. I know a guy who uses this and will not change a thing and he makes great money. .... JB

·
Registered
291 Posts
Most of our pricing is based on the square foot and, if weeding is necessary, the complication of the weed.

For example, our banner pricing is set at a certain rate for full-colour printing, including grommets. However, if you came to us for a one-colour decal job, with a difficult weed, we would use the square foot price as our base, then add a certain amount for the weeding. We also add for masking on decals.

Hope this helps!

Eric :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

That helps a lot.

I got a copy of a price guide today, and about to quote my first job tomorrow.

I like the idea of sticking to a standard, I guess it helps in keeping the industry healthy.

All the Best

Spacemonky

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
spacemonky.. what you say about sticking to the standard is so true.. and so important.. there will always be lowballers.. but for the most part they don't last a long time in this industry, as they are many time not even making min. wage for themselves.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I use EstiMate to calculate my prices.

It takes into consideration a lot of variables like shop workload and design difficulty, but the basics of pricing are the cost of all materials (substrates, vinyls, inks, laminates, hardware, etc.) plus the markup you want to make (usually double your supply cost) plus design time plus labor (my shop rate is $35/hr.). That gives you some room to discount for multiple signs, pay your help, and still make a decent profit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts