T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to print a white no touch feel discharge print on black and am very interested in Matsui products. the only issue i have is that they have so many products that seem like the same but all have different names. Im not using it for a underbase and dont intend to. I love the feel of discharge ink and the almost vintage look. Do I need matsui white with the discharge base as well? Does anyone recommend using softener as well? Or could I just go straight up matsui white discharge with the activator and im good to go? Whatever will achieve the best results please let me know. Thanks.

· Registered
4,515 Posts
Do I need matsui white with the discharge base as well?
A tiny bit of white will help you get a brighter white.
If you want a more vintage white, then just use the base with the activator.
Does anyone recommend using softener as well? Or could I just go straight up matsui white discharge with the activator and im good to go?
No softener needed... but remember, the shirt has to be washed.

· Registered
4,499 Posts
Okay I see, so I should get the White and mix some with the base? Thanks for your reply btw.
How much white to add, or whether it is needed at all, will depend a bit on the garment you are printing, and the precise look you want. Print test squares on a shirt, starting with no white and ranging up to 10% or so. You can then judge the incremental increase in whiteness and hand for your purpose.

I've used Matsui ZFS based discharge, and like it better than non-ZFS formulations, such as Virus. At least on the garments I used, ZFS produced a more neutral white. However, they all smell like week-dead fermented skunk. Good ventilation and washing are required.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much white to add, or whether it is needed at all, will depend a bit on the garment you are printing, and the precise look you want. Print test squares on a shirt, starting with no white and ranging up to 10% or so. You can then judge the incremental increase in whiteness and hand for your purpose.

I've used Matsui ZFS based discharge, and like it better than non-ZFS formulations, such as Virus. At least on the garments I used, ZFS produced a more neutral white. However, they all smell like week-dead fermented skunk. Good ventilation and washing are required.
Okay thank you for the help 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.