T-Shirt Forums banner

What % markup on blanks?

410 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  nwscreenprinting 
#1 ·
Hi, I hope the following question is not to probing!

I am trying to come up with acceptable markup for shirts that I will screen print for people, just reg. screen printing jobs...

I was thinking 100% on tees, but what about high end tees that are like 4-7 bucks just for the tee? Or fancy hoodies that are like 17 bucks a piece?

Thanks for any help in this area!:D

#2 ·
You are going to get a large range, because of how people price differently. For example if you were to ask 10 people on here to quote a job for you the quotes would probably be pretty close to the same, but how they get to that number could very drastically.

To answer you question I mark my blanks up 25%.

#3 ·
I mark them up a nominal amount to offset shipping/handling, defects, and scraps/waste. The shirt is not the product, the decorated shirt is. My estimating system accounts for labor, screen charges, art charges, flash charges and then also blanks. The customer only sees a price per piece for the finished shirt.... all inclusive. I generally use 35% markup on my wholesale price as the cost of the blanks when calculating my quotes.

#4 ·
Thanks guys for the info! One other thing, what is a good formula for discounting an order as it gets bigger?
I was recently asked what the difference would be between 50pcs per style and 25 pcs per style,
I want it to be none but it seems people expect to pay less for more ect. This is for printed product not just blanks...

#6 ·
For blank goods my markup is 100% plus $1.00. I screen the items with a per color set-up fee of $12 each and at a rate of $3.00 per print for the first color.
12 shirts at $5.00 each equals $60.00
1 screen set up equals $12.00
Each single color print costs $3.00 (total $36.00)
$108.00 for the entire job / $9 each

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.