T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to know what make you move from manual to automatic press.

I am actually working 15hours a day with my manual press, and I must say no to some cutomers orders because I am so busy...

What did you consider in buying an automatic ?
What was the change for you ?
Was is a new way of thinking ?
...?

Thks for sharing experience, all comment welcome.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Money.

People buy manual presses instead of automatics because manuals are cheaper and they can't afford an automatic.

Automatic presses are faster and offer greater printing consistency.
Manual presses are kept / used by successful growing companies for samples only.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I dont have my own shop. I actually i only do art and seps from my home now BUT... When i was a printer and a partner in a print shop, It all came down to time is money. Its not a far leap to see the profit difference when on an M&R automatic i could print well over 800 shirts per hour with the right team helping me.. that was with one person constantly putting ink in the screens, someone bringing me more shirts as i needed them, an unloader and a great person (or 2) at the end of the dryer being able to keep up with that quantity. Of course the more colors the print, the more times the press would have to stop for pinholes and such. Set up on an auto takes a bit longer. The bottom line is for long runs an auto is the way to go.. If the job was only 100 pieces, i would just pound them out on a manual.. It all depends on each shop, their customers and the types of prints. Hope that helps

·
Registered
414 Posts
I never owned an auto but it seem like alot of work not to mention i thought you were supposed to save time and money with an auto?

By the way im not sure but shouldnt you be seaching for pin holes before you start printing?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I never owned an auto but it seem like alot of work not to mention i thought you were supposed to save time and money with an auto?

By the way im not sure but shouldnt you be seaching for pin holes before you start printing?
Yes of course but during long runs like 10,000 shirts.. screens break down and pinholes happen. Its the nature of the beast. Running an auto is a lot of work and ultimately it does save time and money but only if you have enough jobs that are big enough to warrant one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
hey we got an auto 1.5 yrs ago set up times ect are now as fast as with manual sold all our manuals except one ....nuff said...jeffie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts