T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have changed our MegaLight Exposure Unit over to LED however the exposure time frames due to the LED lights not being strong enough have increased wildly. We got pointed in the incorrect direction to supply and what lights to purchase.

Can someone please help me in advising where did they get their LED lights strip lighting or bulbs to make this transfer.

We put the following into our Exposure Unit

Bright UV LED Strip 390-405nm DC12V 3528SMD 300LEDs Ultraviolet Black Light, Suitable for Party, Clubs
  • Select PCB Color : - White Background
  • Select Waterproof Rating: - Waterproof IP67 (Silicon Tube)

Any help most appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know a couple of friends that replaced their bulbs with COB LED's (Chips onboard) 100 watt or up, and acts more closely to a "point source" of light, and had major reductions in exposure time. I built a backup as a hobby project, and essentially it was the 200 watt COB, a heat sink to mount it to, a 12v computer fan to keep it cool, a driver (power supply) for the COB, and a 12v power supply for the fan. I put it all into a commercially made enclosure, maybe $300 total. My friends did not do the enclosure, but put it in place of their bulbs. Good luck.

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts