T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there is many kinds of Vinyl, some thicker than others.. but I'm looking for one that gives it the most natural feel...

I used some vinyl I had that was a bit thicker and meant for Signs..

I recently read about Spectra Cut II.

Is that the thinnest kind of Vinyl available? I am looking for something thin and soft, so it doesnt look "pasted on" if you will.. If so, where do you recommend I purchase some of these? Does Stahl's offer this? or any reputable vendor?

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you looking for sign vinyl or heat press vinyl for clothing? They are completely different...

I generally use Eco Film or Eco Film Plus from Imprintables Warehouse depending on what I am putting it on.
Sorry should hve been more clear..

The Vinyl I was using was for Signs, but I am looking for the best thinnest softest vinyl for clothing... Would you're recommendation still apply?

· Premium Member
8,928 Posts
I would contact Josh and ask. He may be able to help you there :) I am not sure though whether they provide them free, but he might be able to.

Reactions: mv10

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would contact Josh and ask. He may be able to help you there :) I am not sure though whether they provide them free, but he might be able to.
I would really appreciate that. Like I mentioned before, the Vinyl I had used before had a very "pasted" on feeling. This isn't true for this type of material is it?

Do you think the heavy feeling was because of the material? I can't tell you off the type of my head what it was, but it was meant for signs. Vinyl would make my life so much easier. Im looking to make a lot of shirts but every design is different. It wouldnt be very cost efficient to do Silk Screening. Hopefully this could work out!

· Premium Member
8,928 Posts
Vinyl is a great alternative to screening with you have only one or two colors. I am not sure what vinly you are talking about as sign vinyl would not work on cloth, but the eco film is very thin, it actually feels like a soft screen print. Just send Josh and email thru imprintables webstie and see what he can do for you :)

· Registered
164 Posts
Vinyl is a great alternative to screening with you have only one or two colors. I am not sure what vinly you are talking about as sign vinyl would not work on cloth, but the eco film is very thin, it actually feels like a soft screen print. Just send Josh and email thru imprintables webstie and see what he can do for you :)
Is this a product for darks and if not, what recomondations might you have. If it is for lights is it less expensive or more than jpss and which has a better feel thank You Rick

· Registered
1,995 Posts
IMO eco and spectra have about the same durability. Eco is slightly softer and has a lighter feel but I prefer Spectra for heavier garments like sweatshirts. I guess it really boils down to getting samples and trying them out to see what works best for you.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
There are actually three base products that are available: Spectracut, Spectracut II and Spectra Eco-Film.

The Spectracut is a PVC based film that is the least expensive and has a slightly thicker feel. It is 15" wide and does not have a sticky mylar. It is not recommended for fine detail, but is a good economy option. There is a limited color selection, mostly athletic colors: 15 in total.

The Spectracut II is a 19" wide polyurethane based film that is the mid grade as far as price and offers a matte finish - it is soft on the garment. This mylar backing is not sticky either, though it does hold detail pretty well. If you accidentally pull up a piece of a design it cannot be positioned back down. The Cut II is also a cold peel material during application which some do not prefer due to production times. It is the fastest weeding material on large to mid size designs. It has a decent color selection: 24 colors.

The Spectra Eco-Film is 15" wide and is a polyurethane based film. It offers a satin finish and is soft as well on the garment - nearly identical to Spectracut II. It has a sticky backing which makes for ease when weeding detail and the option to position cut pieces back down if you make a mistake. It is the easiest to heat apply and goes down in one step with a hot, warm or cold peel. It is the most expensive of these three per square inch, but your actual cost per square inch may be less depending on whether or not a 15" wide material is your optimal size. This also offers the largest color selection by far: 59 colors.

Hopefully this helps a bit...

· Registered
494 Posts
eco film or thermoflex. i love eco film for most everything, but the thermoflex plus i like it for more on heavier garments. eco film looks and feel like screen printing. i did some football shorts for a team that already had their jerseys screen somewhere else.
when i did the shorts it looked identical to their screen jersey. they did not know the difference. it was amazing. and i was proud as can be. and i love imprintables. they take good care of u and know thier products in and out.
kayla, melissa and adam are the best.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.