T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,474 Posts
If it is a licensed shirt that is made in large numbers it will be screen printed. It is on cotton, so it is not sublimation. DTG could do it, but not likely if it is like I mentioned.

· Registered
103 Posts
I would have to feel it to really determine what type of printing that was, but it looks like a mix. I wouldn't say that the image of James is airbrushed or if it is than someone really spent a ton of time and is just a master at it. I would say that it looks like it is all screenprinted, as the image of James seems to be good, but distinctly made up out of tones from a few colors and not a true photo like you can do from heat transfer or DTG. If you can get a photo closer to the artwork, I can see any halftones or improper registration and be sure.

· Registered
103 Posts
I was only referring to the "Miami" on the design looking airbrushed.
Yeah, I actually think it might be now that I look at it again. It seems to be laying on top of the image instead of being the underbase. But I can't tell as the photo is too far away to see if there are any halftones in that part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.