T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am not new to screen printing, but I am new to the graphics side of it. I manage a local shop, and have been printing for more than 20 years, I bought some equipment for my basement to do projects for myself, I have a full shop, very old and crude equipment, but I have no graphics program, computer, or printer.

The shop I work for knows this and they will not even print films for me, even though the stuff I do is from out of state, through my travels, I travel a lot for my other job. I'm not doing anything local.

Anyway, because of that I have to go across town to another shop, and they print my films for me. They charge me 4$ per film, this is crazy expensive, so even though I don't have a computer, I want to get a printer to at least print my films. They also use Vellum, and I don't like it, it shrinks, and I have registration problems, never have those problems at the shop, we use film, again I know Vellum works for some, but this is just my general observation

So the problem is I have no idea, which, what, and where, I've done some research, and looked a little in these forms, but thought I would explain my situation a little and ask.

I would also like to keep this budget friendly, maybe around 600, cheaper is always better.

Also I do print half tones, almost with every order, so do I need accurip? Will it help print my films?

I do all my art work on apps, using a tablet or my phone, and my color seps I send off to have done. This will have to work until I make enough to buy a computer and some software, any advise would be greatly appreciated, at my job I work with the artist, but basically I oversee all the printing and quality, and production, so I know a little about graphics but it's pretty limited, I'll include some pics of my work so you can see the type of work I do and what I'll need to print films for this kind of work.

One last thing I also want to buy a 6 or 8 color press, I'm limited by only 4 colors right now, that's where I want to go with my work, so o can do bigger events, I know you don't always need that many colors, but it's nice to have an option, and I'm trying to learn to design with my limitation of 4 colors, I've got some cmyk stuff on the horizon, but then your limited to white, so any help would be great thanks

Attachments

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can't pull this up in f.a.q btw, I don't know why but it will not pull up for some reason. I saw Epson 3800?? I was looking at Epson p800? But when I was younger, I thought you needed a laser printer? That's why I'm confused, I just want to get the right thing, and I'm not scared to buy used

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.