T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get a printer for dye sublimation but i dont know what kind of printer to get then what brand of ink should i use

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I would suggest the Epson c88 if you can find one. I used a c88 and was vey happy with it. I have heard the c120 by Epson works good for dye sub also. I use the c120 for Heat transfer and it is a great printer. If you want to do larger prints, I suggest the 1400 by Epson. I think Epson is the best choice for the garment industry in general. The DTG machines print heads are normally Epson products. I hope this helps. ..... JB

·
Registered
293 Posts
The Epson C88 + is still available. Not the C88 The C88+, 2200, R1800 and R1900 all use pigment based ink which is a plus

·
Registered
675 Posts
When trying to decide which printer to buy...think about what you want to sublimate. The C88 and C120 are good printers. But, you are limited using only 8.5 x 11 paper. If you want to get into sublimating glass cutting boards or large tiles (12" x 12"), you can start with the Epson 1400.

I would suggest the ArTainium Inks.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. You need to buy one of the Epson printers, as the design of their print heads are more suited to sublimation inks. You will also find colour correction profiles are easier to obtain for Epson machines.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
But Duke you are clear and understand you don't use pigment inks with dye sub, right? Pigment goes with cotton & cotton/blends, and dye sub is for 100% poly and hard substrates (like the tile, mugs.. etc.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts