T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, quick question. . . .I can't seem to find out what kind of ink or heat transfer is i've been seeing on shirts. It basically looks like chrome or shiny silver. It's definitely not the glitter ink or the metallic quicksilver stuff either. I've seen it in shiny gold as well. One screen printer i brought it to said it had to be a heat transfer but wasn't sure himself. Anyone know of or seen what i'm talking about, what it's called or what the process involved in doing this is? Is it maybe foil transfer? I'm not a printer myself so if I sound completely clueless please give me some room for growth : )

Please advise.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
That looks like the same printing effect that spreadshirt offers with its flex metallic printing options. Maybe you could try buing a sample t-shirt from there to see if it's what you're looking for

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
That looks like the same printing effect that spreadshirt offers with its flex metallic printing options. Maybe you could try buing a sample t-shirt from there to see if it's what you're looking for
I highly dought that that is what it is, becuase of the intricate details in that design. While a similar result could be achieved through the use of metallic vinyl (like spreadshirt uses), it would be very difficult to achieve that level of detail.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I agree with jdr8271. My first guess of a foil transfer is still possible, but given that image appears to have halftone in the shading, it could well be a screenprinted metallic ink.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Actually, I've seen very detailed designs printed by spreadshirt.

I'm not saying spreadshirt printed the shirt, but it could be a similar printing process that he might want to look into.

The idea that it would be very difficult, probably makes it more appealing to a fashion designer (if that is the process they're using).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts