T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see lists of hats, and embroidery, but being so new, (my machine is still being shipped) how do you know what hats you can embroider on each machine's cap drive? I see standard ball caps, then some with low crowns, then what I call "bucket" or crush up hats, then there's golf hats, and knit hats/caps, etc. is there a place that specializes here on what goes with what and how is it hooped/embroidered? as caps may be the largest part of my business (as opposed to tee's) I need to learn as much as I can.
thanks

· Registered
159 Posts
Most hat clamps will manage most hats pretty well... not too many limitations.

I've recently purchased a couple of Hooptech frames that work on my driver... MUCH better than the round thing most come with. Highly recommend that.

· Registered
1,933 Posts
The style of hat probably won't be a much of an issue as the brand of hat. You will find that your machine will like some brands more than others. My Barudan loves caps from Otto, but balks at sewing on caps from Cobra. My favorite style of caps is a 6 panel, mid-profile, structured cap. Order some caps from different vendors and do some experimenting and you will find the brand and style that works best with your machine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.