T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well, I haven't been here in forever, but since I entered a t-shirt in the contest I thought I would come say hello while I'm here. :)

I have been super busy over the last year designing my own line of fabric (for home decor, quilting, etc). I've attached a few pics, and you can see more pics if you click on my signature.

So far, I've been able to debut the line at a local craft fair (Make It Vancouver) and I just started selling on Etsy this week .. so basically I can take a 5 minute break before I have to start designing the holiday collection!

Anyway, just wanted to share what I've been doing - feel free to ask any questions. The type of printing is a form of DTG, in case anyone is wondering.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
That is some really beautiful stuff Jasonda. I wish you the best of luck (although your hard work and talent have more to do with it than luck).

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hey Jasonda, I am in Australia, and want to try and create my own custom fabrics. Do you have any tips on getting started?
Hi Jake,

We have talked before, i may suggest to find some fabric manufacturers, they may help you out.

Printed Cotton Fabric-Printed Cotton Fabric Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on alibaba.com

This is a link that list some professional fabric manufacturers, pls try to talk with some of them,who have to be OEM.

Best luck with you.

Bill

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jake, it depends what you want to do. There are a lot of independent fabric designers in Australia, most of them screen print their own yardage. For simple one or two colour designs in small quantities this is probably the simplest and cheapest way to go.

I don't know if there are any digital printing services there, but I know there are some in Malaysia, and plenty in China, so if you do some web searches you'll be sure to find more info.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I just now saw this.
WOW!
Great work J!
Very beautiful.
:)

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
So glad to see you Jasonda :) !!!!!!!!! Missed seeing you around here :D

Wow those are awesome fabrics. I love their uniqueness. Keep up the great work and I hope
you get a ton of sales off of etsy for them, they are really great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts