T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Im asking this question in this heat press topic because i want to ask people who have a simalar set up to mine.
I have a R1800 running CIS and my own press.
I have a customer interested in 500 bags, he wants 2 different size bags with two designs on each bag (so 4 different sized prints in total)
Does anyone have a 'magic number' that they know it will be easier and more cost effect to either sub out to a screen printer or get plasisols from a screen printer?

Do you think i should take on this job myself (i will need to buy a plotter but i was going to get one anyway) or get some plastisols made up?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Euan,

It depends how many colours the prints are and how much the printer will charge you. Sometimes it's better to make less profit and do none of the work yourself. How long will it take you to do 500? Thats alot to do with 2 designs on each bag, pressing 1000 times!

I recently subbed 50 t-shirts to a printer because my cutter was not working, still made money on the job but all I did was order t-shirts from the wholesaler and collect from the printer when they where ready.

It looks like they messed up 8 t-shirts because some where not the brand I sent, but that's not my problem, they sorted it. Easy money. The printer I use would charge 49p per one colour print for 500

You could contact targettransfers or ja-int and get plastisol quotes so it's not as much work.

Lee

·
Registered
721 Posts
No, I don't have a magic number. I do the math, and factor in my current work load.

I don't usually go the sub route unless it will make me more money.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Most of the world's money is made playing in the middle. I'd say don't be greedy to a minimum up-charge on the coordination and sit back and watch Family Guy....mind you I do my own fulfillment but there's much money to be made in providing the means...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The way I look at it, time is the most precious to me. If I can for instance make 40% by subbing it out rather than 50% doing it myself and spending days cutting/pressing I will do that. I can then concentrate on other things or spending more time with my family.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts