T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello folks,

I was looking around the web for a few hours, and came across this wonderfull forum. ME and a buddy have been makin shirts for a lil bit and the way we have been working was by SCREENPRINTING. Fun, Something new, and easy.But yesterday i cam across a shirt that looked NICEEEEEEEEEE and i wanted to figur out how they do it

HERES A PIC:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/ragmac/TT1022NBzoom1.jpg

What is the way they got a two tone pic like that on the shirt, And by the way it looks i can tell i feels thick and plastic like.

P.S. I dont know if i was in the right thred

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

It's probably a screenprint with three screens, using spot colour

Just look for threads in the screenprinting forum, as there are many which explain the process in depth...that's pretty 101 Screenprinting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANK YOU MY FRIEND,

Atlast i find a forum with nice people. So the thing they use is SPOT COLOR, is that a difrent type of paint or what . Im going to take a min and look at the screen printing section, But I WOULDNT mind getting a crash crouse in here is any one has some tips

I SCREENPRINT, but my stuff come out looking
dim and faded NICE but i think just a little taky

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using the speedball printscreening kit,I also bought like 3 screen and tons of im guessing WATERBASED fabric ink/paint i made 3 shirts and there nice just i wouldnt mind learning how to make and nice clean shirt like that one up there

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you're using water-based inks, then that's your problem. Water based inks work well on white and very light colours, but if you're printing on something like red, it's just going to fade. Most printers use plastisol inks which don't have this problem. Having said that, you did say you had tons of the stuff so I recommend laying down a base layer of white ink (in the form of your graphic) and then printing with the colour ontop. It does get a bit tricky when you're trying to get both colours in exactly the same place but it may be worth a try!

- Annie

·
Registered
282 Posts
Camron, you might want to also read at screenprinters.net. They have forum, articles, videos, books there.

I just returned to library very informative book by Scott Fressner "How to print t-shirts for fun and profit". If you are a screenprinter, I would suggest buying this book. I am not a screenprinter and found book useful.

Also read articles at unionink.com.

Susan

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
You'll also get much better results with practice - it looks like you're using very uneven pressure on the squeegee.

I took a look at a few different speedball kits a couple of weeks ago, and the squeegee that came with them was utter crap. It's possible that that's part of your problem (although if so I'd say it's still a small part - mostly it's down to waterbased inks and your printing technique).

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Also, this assumes you are using a clean screen (no blockages) with well exposed artwork. If you're exposing at home it's very possible your screen simply isn't very clear, so it's not letting ink pass through evenly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts