T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a designer helping me with our tshirt design. I have a pretty good idea of what I want I just don't have the software to make it a reality. I'm aiming for a retro look, kind of like the old destination postcards from the 40's and 50's. Anyway I want the text color within the design to shift or blend but I'm not sure what the term would be.
Also, assuming I can get this done like we like, is this possible for plastisol transfers or is plastisol limited to definitive color separations only?
Here's an example-

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! So a portion like this within the design counts as 2 colors. I see that the plastisol printers charge based on the number of total colors. I think I'm going to end up with at least 6 colors.

This is a pic of the sign I sent to my designer for him to base our graphic on.

· Registered
1,232 Posts
In another post you said you were not a designer. I say you are. If your design can be saved as an EPS or PDF file, any printer should be able to go with that. If not the printer will have to recreate the design in a graphics program. God Bless.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
You can do this through half-toning two colors to blend together like others have said, but you could also put both colors in the screen at once and the will create a natural blend. I have never done it, but have seen videos on it. I would not like doing that on this particular print since you would have to squeegee side to side as appose to front to back.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In another post you said you were not a designer. I say you are. If your design can be saved as an EPS or PDF file, any printer should be able to go with that. If not the printer will have to recreate the design in a graphics program. God Bless.
Thanks! I'm not so much a designer as someone who appreciates good design and will imitate the overall look to get what I want. I have 2-3 friends who are true artists/designers and will seek their opinion as much as possible :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.