T-Shirt Forums banner

What is the size of your primary heat press?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
I have a 16 x 20 mighty press. A huge amount of transfers from Pro World,
Thompson, etc.. will not fit smaller presses. Plotter cut material ( thermoflex )
A 16 x 20 press can produce really big prints on front and back for 2-4 XL shirts.
Size of press depends on what you want to do.

· Registered
134 Posts
We use a 15x15 press, and I have become a natural at putting the shirts on straight. 2x and 3x do not seem to be all that difficult, as long as you keep the angles in mind. A cheat sheet tool works well for this. They are around 100 bucks. I have the link to the cheapest one I found if anyone is interested.

· Premium Member
12,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I finally got around to measuring my heat press the other day... it's 15"x15", which is pretty much what I had assumed :)

I'm not using it for digital transfers, but I wouldn't want to try and use anything smaller.

· Registered
950 Posts
Two questions...

1. vctradingcubao - Which 16 x 20 press do you have that takes forever to heat and is this common for a larger press (i.e., 16 x 20 vs. 14 x 16) to take longer to heat?

2. skylandprinting - Can you elaborate on your comment with being hammered to provide more designs by Transfer Express? Are you a designer for that company or is this some other situation you're speaking of? Feel free to send me a PM if it's too much detail to go into, if you don't mind.

I was reading this eve about the Geo Knight DC16AP and DK20SP swing/automatic heat press machines. From reading a variety of heat transfer and press threads, not all are using a 16 x 20 but many recommend it.

I do not currently have a desire to print on more than apparel and the DK20SP would be great and the larger of the two (16 x 20). On the other hand, the DC16AP can print on a variety of items, from tees, to caps, wood/metals, ceramic tiles, etc but the platen is smaller (14 x 16).

What other guidelines should I use to determine which is more ideal for me?

Thanks,
AB

· Registered
4,432 Posts
I have a 15x15 Hix,16x16 Hotronix(both clamshell) and a 16x20 Hotronix swinger. I like the Hix best of all,it is a straight press no digital crap and it works great. The other 2 have had issues with the digital display. I say keep it simple and it will treat you right. IMHO ..... JB

· Registered
1 Posts
We use a 15x15 press, and I have become a natural at putting the shirts on straight. 2x and 3x do not seem to be all that difficult, as long as you keep the angles in mind. A cheat sheet tool works well for this. They are around 100 bucks. I have the link to the cheapest one I found if anyone is interested.
I would love to have the link to where you got your 15x15 for around $100? thanks

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.