T-Shirt Forums banner

What is the size of your primary heat press?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People often ask what size heat press they should buy, so I thought it might be interesting to get some statistical information on what size heat press members of this forum actually use. I say "primary" because I know a lot of people own more than one press.

Sorry if I left out a common size: I checked the three forum sponsors that sold presses and added any others I could remember hearing about. I also combined a few very similar sizes; apologies if the owners of the sizes in question don't consider them that similar (I know there's a 7% difference in area between a 14x16 and 16x16 for example).

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Good idea. I think 14x14 and 16x16 are close enough to be comprable. I'm using a 16x20 even though I'm mostly doing small transfers (8x10.5); I do find the bigger press very nice for laying out the shirts.

·
Registered
205 Posts
It would be nice for those of us looking for a heat press to have responders of this poll to tell what press they have and are happy with.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Im happy with my HIX 16x20 HT600D, I think it's perfect for smaller shirts because you have the whole shirt to work with and also if you need to press on larger shirts or garments you dont have to worry about running out of room.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Do people using 15x15 presses have any difficulty lining up 2XL or 3XL shirts on the press? My current 16x20 press is starting to press a bit unevenly (I got it used, but it was cheap so I can't really complain) and I was looking at getting a new one, and I'm deciding between a 15x15 or another 16x20.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I have a 15 x 15 and I do a lot of 2x and 3x for a portrait photo shop I work with. However they are 8.5 x 11 prints and then we add text on top and bottom so it comes out larger as I use second transfer . He is sponsoring a bowling team and one of the people wears that size. My wife calls it a table cloth. My photo shop owner that I am working with has a vinyl cutter and we are going to try to do the shirts with that for the team.So i will get some experience doing that. He ordered some color vinyl so we are waiting delivery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm so glad I found this site. I have been getting ready to buy a heat press and had no idea what to look for. At least now I know I need a 15x15 .... for now.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I have been using two 9 x 12 for infant wear but now I have purchased a dtg and am going to quite a few adult tees so I just purchased a 16 x 20 for that .

Bobbie

·
Registered
746 Posts
16 x 20 geo knight swinger and love it - tho many times i've wished it larger! 2x and 3x don't give me any trouble - however i currently have ten 5x's sitting here to do and i'm wishing for an aircraft carrier sized platen to press them on :p

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Altho we're just beginning, we've been VERY happy with our 15 x 15 Hix. It heats up in about 10 minutes or less, and tho it's not an auto-open, we just have one press, so it's no big deal. :)

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I started with a 16x20 and have added 3 15x15 press' since. I can do all shirts with the 15x15 and have found, I prefer a clam verses a swinger. I only advise all to stay away from the Ebay bargins. These press' will cause you heatr ache. ..... ...... JB

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really should get around to measuring my heat press so I can finally answer my own poll ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts