T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm fairly new to the business, still working on walmart transfer paper with a normal iron. of course the quality is pretty bad. I'm going to order a real heat press. I was just wondering what the quality of JPSS paper is. Does it fade or crack? how many washes? Can I do anything to ensure they last before I sell them?

· Registered
404 Posts
Alright As long as you do it right and use pigment ink it should barley fade and I mean very little! It shouldnt crack either! its very soft to the touch and barley leaves a polymer window! I have personally gotten 10 washes so far... and its still standing up great! looks just like it did wash number one

I use pigment ink from cobra
Lint roll the shirt
pre press for 6-10 seconds...
Press for 30 seconds at 380 degrees....
Then open and go over quick with a dry erase eraser! idk why but i think it makes the transfer adhear better.....

Then peel hot!
And stretch the shirt to maintain its elasticity...

some pepole even post press i havent tried that yet but im gonna...

Also Some pepole get some really great results with bleaching jpss shirts! search for bleach jpss

· Registered
200 Posts
I think they are about the best there is for light shirts. I tried a bunch of brands and ended with those two. You do notice the window a little bit on anything other than white shirts... so as you get more tools you will eventually want a vinyl plotter to trim it on a carrier sheet if you are doing multiples of the same job. You can get by with scissors, though. I recently acquired a DTG and have no use for both my Neenah jpss and Neenah jetopaque. I have about 25 JPSS 11x17 and about 45 jetopaque 11x17 if you want to give them a go, I'll ship them all to ya for cheap (say $60 including shipping) if you are in the continental US. essen(at)me(dot)com to arrange it. That's about $130 worth of the stuff. they are all only 3 months old stored flat and in airtight bags. With the jet opaque, I found that quility was great and wearing non powdered medical gloves was the fix for the common complaint that the corner or corners lifts after washing. I think it is from contamination because I seemed only to lift in areas where you were manipulating it more. Both good quality papers. The JPSS looks best on a jerzees 50/50 shirt I always thought. less little cotton fibers after washing that make the image look faded even though it is not.

· Registered
133 Posts
Hi I'm fairly new to the business, still working on walmart transfer paper with a normal iron. of course the quality is pretty bad. I'm going to order a real heat press. I was just wondering what the quality of JPSS paper is. Does it fade or crack? how many washes? Can I do anything to ensure they last before I sell them?
Hi, I started selling transfers over 10 years ago. The best advice o have for creating transfers that don't fade, peel or crack is as floppies:

1. THE BRAND OF PRINTER AND TYPES OF INK YOU USE ARE

MOST IMPORTANT. THpE EPSON PRINTERS ARE BUY FAR THE BEST
FOR THERE INLAND AND PRINTING Capabilities. And they are affordable.
You want an Epson that prints 13x 19 and uses the durabrite inks you will use the text setting for all prints

2. Use professional transfer - jet pro is a pretty good brand and coastal business supply sells other good ones also. To me the hot perks are best.

3. Definitely use a good heat press with firm pressure. Buy a reclining sheet also.

4. Use a tight weave cotton shirt when using transfers. It will give you the best result ,
As gas as brightness and longevity.

Do the things I've stated above and you'll never have a problem the prints will out last the shirts.

I also have the chromablast system which is great but pricey,

· Registered
51 Posts
that's very useful tips guys..:)

im also a beginner, & as i've experienced, jpss did a very good job especially when you use with proper settings, it would gloss a little & some smoothness on your print..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.