T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
8,807 Posts
Mike my post was almost 18 months ago. At that time there were a couple people doing start up biz by modifying Epson, now only one is around and they are heavily critized for product, support and over all failure. At this time probably the least expensive unit is over 10k.

· Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Mike my post was almost 18 months ago. At that time there were a couple people doing start up biz by modifying Epson, now only one is around and they are heavily critized for product, support and over all failure. At this time probably the least expensive unit is over 10k.
That's a VERY untrue statement. Besides the Anajet MP5/MP10, Kornit and Brother. EVERYONE still uses Epson print engines. I am not sure where you are getting your information from but you might need to update your knowledge on the market from 18 months ago.

NeoFlex - Epson based
Spectra 3000 - Epson based
Mod1 - Epson based
M&R iDot - Epson based
R-Jet4/5 - Epson based
VelociJet - Epson based
FreeJet - Epson based

There are more but those are the most popular printers I can think of off the top of my head.

· Registered
8,807 Posts
Eric let me be clear. Of course there are several well known companies selling well made and supported DTG printers that are based upon Epson units. I own one from a national company and of course Epson has now entered the market with their own DTG printer. I was referring to those who were modifying Epson printer in the garage or back room, trying to get into the market, selling units that were poorly constructed, little after sale support

· Registered
1,947 Posts
If someone sells you printer in the 5000 range you cannot expect good product and service will be non existent. That's economics it just not possible. There is a lot more then modyfing printer and making a website to sell. 8000 and above is more like it.

· Registered
4 Posts
Anajet was getting rid of several used DTG Sprint Printers. You may want to call their offices The Irvine, California area to see if they still have any. The MP5 and MP10 and MP15 printers start at around $15,000.00. The MP series printers have a closed loop recirculating ink supply system that keeps the ink fresh in the supply tubes by recirculating the ink back to the ink cartridges. You also need to consider how far you are going to have the printer shipped to you as that gets very expensive as they weigh quite a lot and are large also.
I am considering getting rid of my Anajet Sprint if you would be interested in that.
[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.