T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people have a screen for a long time.

Whats the most amount of prints you've gotten out of one screen?

I assume if you keep the same design on it it will last longer than if you were to reclaim it over and over. I figure the reclaiming process kinda wears out the tension a little faster than if it just kept the same design.

I guess the design has something to d owith it too. If you had a screen that said JETER 2 on the back like the baseball shirts you can buy...i think it would last a long long time. If it has fine detail it might shorten its life span.

But what is the actual life span of a frame? Of course its all on averages. There will be some that last long and some that just fall apart. Whats the average?

·
Registered
859 Posts
If a screen is burned properly and well taken care of, it should last thousands of prints. When I worked at my dad's sign shop, we had a job that we ran once or twice a month, 500 prints a run. The screen lasted about a year and a half before some of the small text broke down on the screen. That's also using harsh inks and clean-up chems. Plastisol is gentle compared to sign inks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If a screen is burned properly and well taken care of, it should last thousands of prints. When I worked at my dad's sign shop, we had a job that we ran once or twice a month, 500 prints a run. The screen lasted about a year and a half before some of the small text broke down on the screen. That's also using harsh inks and clean-up chems. Plastisol is gentle compared to sign inks.
Thanks for the info! I have a small operation and do my own designs for sale. So far I haven't seen any degradation in burned images, including on some designs that are two years old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts