T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all i am new to this and will be starting soon.... i know what i want to make but the question is what is the best way to start making the product? buying my own screening kit or press ons? what did u guys start out with thanx!

· Registered
21 Posts
Welcome!

I would start off with the Heat Transfers (press ons). Unless you know how to screen print in which case, screen printing is the better option. If you're just looking to start a product line go with the heat transfers. They are easy to work with, they cost alittle extra. I feel they are a good starting option.

Tshirts99.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: newww with a question!

i was thinking of heat transfer myself.... do they wash away fast tho? i want something simple but good quality i dont wanna start off my company with shirts that are gunna be ruined after a few washes thx!

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
what is the best way to start making the product? buying my own screening kit or press ons?
I don't think there is a best way for everyone. It depends on what exactly you want to be doing with your business?

Are you going into business making custom t-shirts are are you working on your own clothing line?

Some people prefer to buy screen printing equipment and learn how to screen printer while others don't want to make that particular investment (in time and money) and prefer to use heat transfers, inkjet transfers or plastisol transfers. Others prefer to invest in DTG printing.

Take a second and read through the different types of printing and how they differ and that should help you make a better choice of how you want to move forward with your business.

These posts are a good start:

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/general-t-shirt-selling-discussion/t37985.html

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/general-t-shirt-selling-discussion/t48532.html

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thx for the info! looks like i am going to go with a heat press sunie seems to have a nice 15X15....

but as for the papers whats a good quality? from what i understand the ones from a printer are not very good and i need to order special ones?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.