T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
What is the best way to color separate this and print this design? I have corel draw and photoshop cs3. I'm worried that if I print the front 4 color process and the back spot colors that the red and blues won't match.
The way I would is to print the front image first and try and match the rear red and blue in a small separate container afterward.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I want the red and blues to be vibrant though, and thought that maybe sepping these out in spot colors would be the best?
I can see why on the front, however, on the back I personally would just do 2 colors, on a white shirt with a good stroke it should look good... maybe brighten the blue or use a bright red and not a deep maroon looking red. But honestly which ever way makes it easier for you in terms of quality and time.

The reason I would spot instead of process for the back is there is no variable between strokes, 1, 2 or 11 strokes and it'll still be the same color... idk if you lost me.. I know I ramble on sometimes!!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The front would look much better as spot colors and there will be some halftones. That way your using the same inks on both sides. A standard plastisol will 90% of the time come out brighter and cover better the a CMYK print.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doug,

The problem is I don't use a rip. Is there a way to do this converting the image to halftones in corel draw or photoshop and pull out the right colors to make a screen with? I'm also new to screen printing this type of design. Would anybody maybe be able to take control of my screen and show me how to do this or direct me to a youtube video on what to do?

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Doug,

The problem is I don't use a rip. Is there a way to do this converting the image to halftones in corel draw or photoshop and pull out the right colors to make a screen with? I'm also new to screen printing this type of design. Would anybody maybe be able to take control of my screen and show me how to do this or direct me to a youtube video on what to do?
Yes you can convert in a graphics program, I have a very busy day today but maybe around late evening or later

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.