T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to cut designs out to print? So that the design's background will match the t-shirt?

Do I have to buy a special paper, or do I have to get a new machine?

I'm making designs in photoshop and I want to heatpress them onto t-shirts, but I don't want the rectangle background around the design to show?

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
14,014 Posts
If it's an easy cut (circle, square) use scissors. Otherwise, there are cutter/plotters you can buy that can contour cut.

There are self weeding papers out there, but they are either complicated, or expensive, or both. Do a search at the top of the page on self weeding paper.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I would suggest either using transfers then cutting them out with a plotter (Roland versacam recomended) or using a print and cut machine like Roland SP300 for example.
You do require a vector cut line asigned to the outside of the design therefore Illustrator is required. This system has pros and cons. Big con is not been able to print fade outs and all every design needs to be with in a shape.
You can get litho transfers printed for you and then you heat apply the design without any boxes or background issues or the fabled Direct to Garment print method but I cannot recomend a machine for you as I have had shirts printed on several brands and they ALL faded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts