T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using Corel Draw X4 and I am new to the shirt business. I have a customer looking for this type of design on a team uniform but I am not sure how to go about creating this artwork.

This seems to be a pretty standard sports uniform design so I am not sure if there is an easy way to go about it.
Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks,
NR

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
That design is strictly a font based design. It has two very typical type fonts used in sports logos (you should be able to find close matches on DaFont). The script type font is properly kerned and has a tail added. Then it is outlined. You should be able to find tutorials online for this type of thing in Google. Also check out Corel DRAW tutorial for CorelDRAW specific tutorials that are very good and geared toward the garment printing industry.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
uh...

Type "Spartans" in Brush Script, rotate to desired angle (5°)
Convert to curves
Delete the middles of the looped letters (a, p, etc...) using back minus front command.
Weld all the letters together to eliminate overlap (look in wireframe mode to see what I mean)
Use bezier tool to draw a swoosh (or import one in from internet somewhere)
Weld swoosh to the end of the "s"
Add desired contour
Type out sport name, place inside swoosh. Use envelope and/or perspective tool to make it look good in swoosh shape.

This is a 5-7 minute job because I spend time putzing with the swoosh and envelope tool.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glenn described how to do the layout very well, especially if you need to do this quickly- There are really great add on programs that template these kind of art jobs quickly and easily until you learn all of what corel can do- Smart designer has a great add on that lets you put in text then add the tail (several styles to choose from) and even add clipart- pretty easy to use and kind of jump starts your art department. I will add to my collection every couple years when they come out with something that I feel I can really use. They also run specials and bundle packages- What I really like is they have video tutorials within the program- I am a self taught graphic designer, and the tools allowed me to learn at good pace for my business.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone for the help!

The videos are great in helping me to learn more about the possibilities with Corel.

The link to the tail file was great because I could not fine it on the web site as described in the video.

Thanks again!
NR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.