T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am new to the T-shirt printing business and first thing I would like to say is thank you to the members and creators of this site, this is the most useful resource I have come across.

With that being said, on to my question.

I am focusing mainly on sublimation and have a full set up. For the printer I am running a Epson 4880 with Sublijet IQ inks. My question is what is the best way to cost the inks? Obviously by square inch but I don't know how to calculate the cost per square inch. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Alex

· Banned
2,689 Posts
One of the cool things about the Epson printer is you can see exactly what your ink useage is on a job. Press the "menu" button on the printer. Scroll till you see "test print". Once you select "test print" scroll to "job information". Print the job information and it will show you the amount of ink used per color for the last ten jobs. Add up the amount of ink used and you can calculate the cost based on how much you pay for ink.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.