T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one.
im still looking for the best transfer paper dark color?
some of the paper wil crack on the first wash
im still looking for the better one.

Hope you can help me.:)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I agree with JB, I have had good luck using them and the people at Alpha Supply Company will work with you and they have several tutorials available.

Bill m :)

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I want to add that Heat transfer are way different than screen print ,heat press vinyl or plastisol transfers. The Heat transfer has a shorter life expectancy than the others. The heat transfer will last about 25 -30 washes. I know this doesn't sound like a lot but that is about 6mos. washing 1 time a week. The other medias mentioned will last substantially longer. The cost is also a factor the heat transfer should be more economical to produce and purchase. I think many want the same performance of the other medias for the lower cost. This can't happen now, but maybe some day. .... JB

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've been using JetOpaque (JetDark) from Neenah Paper and this has been so far the best I've used for dark fabrics. I've tried other dark wear transfer paper from local suppliers down here but all have failed to produce good results. I reckon I've washed this shirt more than 5 times now and have yet to see any cracks, the color is still the same as it was first pressed.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for the reponse, I agree this is the best paper for darks. .... JB
This paper is awesome for "print and cut" when combined with a vinyl cutter with optical registration (an "eye" that senses registration marks) like a Roland GX 24.

Weeds super easy! Also available in Rolls.:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's my dream cutter! (GX-24).

But for now I'm using a MHC WHK2. (manual hand cut with hobby knife w/ 2 hands).

·
Registered
166 Posts
Tizz, I started with the same cutter you have. it is still my back up to my gx 24. .... JB
JB, they're great cutters! they just don't last the distance. I can get away with around 5 or so but then the eye's don't seem to hold up and I start getting the shakes!... lol..:D

Regards,

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I use a small desktop Craft Robo from Graphtec. I use it mainly for hats, but it's capable enough to do some quite big designs onto tees.

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's my dream cutter! (GX-24).

But for now I'm using a MHC WHK2. (manual hand cut with hobby knife w/ 2 hands).
Be careful with that MHC...or you could end up with the 9F option. (9 finger option) :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone!

I just would like to know if any of you used any of the Chinese self weeding papers for dark colors? are they any good?
or does any of you know of any alternatives to trimming the design before using the heat press?
i am new to the business and would appreciate very help i can get

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are alot of posts about transfer papers for dark colors but none are recent. What is the best transfer paper for dark colors now. And what cutter do you reccommend?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been out of it for awhile, but I think Neenah is still ruling...their 3G Jet Opaque & Jet Opaque II look like they're still favorites

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have been out of it for awhile, but I think Neenah is still ruling...their 3G Jet Opaque & Jet Opaque II look like they're still favorites
I have used both. And though happy with image. Not over mad on feel. I have found as others here that they can peel very slightly on edges. I have upped temp from 175 to 180 and 30 sec press time, which helps a little but still a little lifted after 30 degree light wash inside out. What press method do you use sdnrge Thanks

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
because of the heavy hand, I have not found any transfer paper for darks that are commercially viable for me..I either will use screen print or DTG...depending on volume

1 - 19 of 19 Posts