T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
360 Posts
"Best" depends on what you are planning to sell, where you are, and what your budget is.

You will have an easier start with a Brother 6 needle machine (PR series). Usually they come with software. The PR-650 is the newest one, but many people make good money with the older versions (PR-600, PR-600II, PR-620).

If you are going straight to a commercial machine, you will be satisfied with a Tajima or a Barudan. Melco works well for a lot of people. I suggest taking a few hours and reading this forum in depth. After all you are about to spend something between $5000 and $20,000, so that seems like a minimal investment of time.

As with most things in life, the answer to your question depends on what you are planning to do, your budget, availability of local sales and service.

Good luck.

· Registered
2,866 Posts
SWF East aka Coldesi sells Sunstar machines which are pretty good, right up until you need to get a part from them that is out of stock and 'maybe' shipping from Korea.

Personally, if I had to do it all over again, I would probably still purchase my SWF embroidery machine. I absolutely would NOT purchase the bundle that included Embroidery Office or any other software from Sierra.

Buy the best machine you can afford, then buy the best software you can afford.

Spend some time searching the embroidery forum, you will find a lot more info there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.