T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning on starting a website where people can choose to write whatever they want on it what would be the best method to transfer the words onton the tees?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
You mean you're starting a website like CafePress, Zazzle, SpreadShirt?

Most of those companies use either heat press or direct to garment printing. Spreadshirt uses flock and I think plastisol transfers that are pressed on with heat.

This sounds similar to the thread you started here:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=3079

Have you read the responses that people left you there?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what would be the cheapest but still lasting i dont want to use something that will come off or look bad

·
Registered
690 Posts
I've seen people using vinyl press, but the vinyl and the vinyl cutter are expensive compare to inkjet transfer. I'm not a big fan of inkjet transfer though, but it's very quick setup and can produce great results. Screen print will probably be the cheapest per shirt but setup and clean up is more time consuming than the other 2 methods, especially if you're selling in small quantity.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
what would be the cheapest but still lasting i dont want to use something that will come off or look bad
It seems like you've asked this question several times.

Heat press is pretty inexpensive, but can look good if done right.

You probably should get the best printing equipment possible instead of the cheapest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts