T-Shirt Forums banner

41 - 60 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
T-Jet3 is based on an R1800 (printable width of 12.5" or so). Blazer is based on a 4800 (printable width of 16" or so). The question about print quality is very subjective and based on several factors (what ink, what RIP, what profiles, what type of graphic, resolutions,...). I am sure you will find people that say that both of them put out great designs. Here is something else to think about.

The R1800 printhead will only move back and forth over the graphic. The 4800 printhead requires it to travel the full distance back and forth the printhead track. So, in some cases (i.e. left chest designs, designs that don't go across the shirt completely)...the R1800 based printers could print the design faster.

Actually, the Blazer and the new Blazer Express printhead also only move back and forth over the graphic being printed. It does not have to travel the full distance side to side as it's printing. So the Blazers print very quickly.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Actually, the Blazer and the new Blazer Express printhead also only move back and forth over the graphic being printed. It does not have to travel the full distance side to side as it's printing. So the Blazers print very quickly.
That is interesting. I was told the reason why the printhead travels differently between the two printer models is because of the Epson firmware - which none of the dtg manufacturers can really change. So, maybe US Screen has done something different. Maybe Mark from Flexi-Jet can shed some light on this. All the graphics I saw printed at the SGIA show on the Blazer were full size graphics. So, I could not really tell the difference.

·
Banned
877 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Marketing blunder

FACT:

ALL 4800/4880 print engines including the 7800/9800 return back to the spit station near the capping station and spits a few drop every x axis pass.
This is an embedded function in the Epson firmware that cannot be changed.

There are 2 reasons for this function.

1: It helps keep the ink lines primed and damper pressures equalized because the head must travel greater distances.

2: These printers are made for the pro market where nozzle drop outs means you just ruined some very expensive media, this routine help avoid this from happening.

Mark
Belquette Inc

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think you misunderstood what I said in reply to DAGuide. The normal 4800 routine when printing is for the printhead to go across the entire carriage even if the graphic itself is, for example, just a breast print. This obviously takes more time when you multiply the number of times the printhead moves from side to side in an average print. On the Blazer the printhead goes out from the capping station to the edge of the graphic being printed and then returns to the capping station instead of having to go all the way to end of the carriage and then returning.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The normal 4800 routine when printing is for the printhead to go across the entire carriage even if the graphic itself is, for example, just a breast print. This obviously takes more time when you multiply the number of times the printhead moves from side to side in an average print. On the Blazer the printhead goes out from the capping station to the edge of the graphic being printed and then returns to the capping station instead of having to go all the way to end of the carriage and then returning.
With all due respect: Who told you that?
Let me clarify that the Blazer does exactly what all Epson 4800 print engines do.
No magic, it is what it is.

The 4800 print head does not travel the entire width of the carriage unless the image is 17 inches wide.
If the image is only 4 inches wide the carriage will only move as far as it needs with respect to the capping station but it will always return and spit.

If you owned any 4800 based printer you could verify this for yourself.

Mark
Belquette Inc

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: Ink verses DTG printer

I did not have any knowledge of these DTG printers. I still have to use inkjet trans. I am older and do not have enough years left to warrant even 15k. I have made a lot of shirts and have a vinyl cutter and I can't understand why the industry can't come out with a printable vinyl for shirts. I cut thermofilm for shirts. I have seem shirts printed with a DTG printer in fact one of my customers who I make business shirts for with a full color logo had the exact shirt made on a DGT so we could compare. It faded just as much as my inkjet transfers so what is the point. That is my problem I what to produce a high quility shirt that holds it's color and I haven't been able to find anything good enough yet. Not a printer a transfer or any ink. Food for thought 15k is a big investment. If I purchased a customized shirt I would want my special shirt to hold up until I wore it out. If anyone has a suggestion I would like to hear it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's a loaded question. Need more information on what type of shirts (darks, lights only) you want to do, ..
Mark
hi Mack,

Given my situation (iam living in Vietnam with budget limit is 10-20k, biz scale is printing 5-50 tshirts per day/ scale of a normal store), could you advice which DTG machine/ model should i buy to be optimal in short and mid term?

Thanks you very much
F5

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the AnaJet is the best way to go on this guys. They have a vacuum sealed ink cartridge that keeps the ink from clogging, lasts way longer than the T-Jet. Also, it prints on black. They sent me samples and I was totally impressed. The best part is they make the printer in the US!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Flexi-jet and t-jet blazer express/pro are also made in the US.

I like the idea of vacuum sealed ink cartridges but they come at a higher price.

Bailey, what part of the AnaJet last way longer than the T-Jet?

·
Banned
57 Posts
To put it simply ,the best DTG printer is the one with ZEROOOOOOOOO problems and because it doesn't exist than it really depends on the persons opinion.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I myself do not own one ( I have a Brother and an anajet), but I do know I did not care for the prints on the darks, most of the people at the shows with the advantage did not even have white ink in them to test shirts. There was someone on here that has one and is not happy at all.
I will see if I can find the thread and maybe some more people have posted there as well

Be right back

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi,

I am going to put in my brief knowledge for what it is worth! We purchased the DTG-541 a month ago - on the theory that we COULD do all colors BUT Black T-shirts - this is how it was pitched to us and after a lot of research - decided on this. Keep in mind when we were speaking to the salesman - he said the only thing this machine can not print on is BLACK - fast forward to a couple of days ago, we had multiple orders for high school teams, navy, forest green, maroon, choc brown. Strained our brains to figure out why nothing was working - just minor hints of an outline - so we called the company and guess what - YOU CAN"T PRINT ON ANY DARK COLORED SHIRTS! I lost 6 schools business in 1 phone call. Brother's reply - between the 3 of you you should have figured it out - they were baffeled that we did not understand that BLACK encompassed ALL DARKS - so I came back the them and said then if this is clearly the case - then why when pitching the machine do you not SAY DTG-541 DOES NOT ANY DARK COLORED SHIRTS? So in a nutshell, I am returning it as soon as possible, not only did I lose time and money, more importantly I lost business and probably the reputation I had quickly built up in my community!

So please everyone the 1st question to ask is: WHAT CAN'T THIS MACHINE DO?:confused:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sorry I can't pass this one up! I to am baffeled as why youdidn't understand this. It sounds like you did very little research on DTG or the Brother,how many trade shows did you go to? how many brother owners did you talk to? how many threads on how many forums did you read? And why did you give up those accounts when all you had to do is sub out those jobs to a screen printer?If you can't see black ink on black shirts why would you think you could see it on navy or dark green?With all the info available to us these days with just the click of a mouse there is no excuse for not doing your home work,I think the blame for this lays squarely on your shoulders,just some things to think about good luck in the future and remember no machine can ruin a good reputation only we make or break our reputations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think I am interested in the brother, my rep told me to try to discourage dark colors if posssible. I was just wondering if there was anyone in a small town that has one of these and how well they do with these, Thanks

41 - 60 of 159 Posts