T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
Stephanie, Thanks for the vote of confidence, lol. I'm actually an ex-software developer, so I'm good with technical issues. However, it's that same background that causes my frustration when I see how much further the industry can go with software. Illustrator is pretty much an industry standard in the commercial graphic design/advertising sectors, but I also know that CorelDraw has been around for personal desktop publishing and such for years now and that's why applications for rhinestoning, etc. have had a Corel focus. Keeping my eye out for Illustrator applications and plug-ins....

By the way, when you mention that it takes you seconds now, may I ask what system you are using? Although developing a keen eye for spacing sounds enticing, I think I may pass on that skill.. : )

Barbara, Thanks for the advice, I'll check into winPC.

· Registered
121 Posts
Oobling is $650. I don't have that kind of extra money so I have been learning CorelDraw and practicing templates that way. There are many macros out there and they seem to do some things well.

Sent wirelessly VIA Tapatalk.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I'm just starting out with making my own rhinestone temp's. I am wondering how I take an EPS file and size for 10ss stone's. It seem's when I go really large I can use 10ss but if I want the image to be say 7x8 or around that size it won't let me use the 10s it use's something like 1ss. I am going a bit crazy trying to get this vector just right. I am using winpcsign and silhouette software.

Thanks,
M

· Registered
14 Posts
Two useful and rather low cost applications for making rhinestone templates are 1) Coreldraw 2018, still availabke, and in some respects, more stable than CD 2019 or 2020, along with The Rhinestone World plugin, or R-Stones plugin. RStones is lower cost. You can also use CD 2017.

These older versions can be bought new sealed from various eBay sellers.

You can also use Inkscape, freeware, and there is a rudimentary rhinestone plugin, again, free.

Next up is Digital Arts Solutions, quite expensive, and is a plugin for Corel.

Next is Sierra Designs, very expensive, and every add on feature is another pile of money, expect lots of program crashes, and still more money for support just to report bugs which seldom get fixed.

Lastly, you can just write your own code, if your cutter has GP-GL or HPGL command interface, and you commonly work with all same diameter stones, ie, you are only cutting circles.

Generally, you will be cutting circles in rhinestone flock media, a fuzzy surface material, on which you brush over stones.

Probably the easiest way to get from idea to template is to take drawing pencils or chalks, sketch your idea in strokes or lines, then make an x,y coordinate takeoff of all stones, put these into HPGL commands to cut a circle of desired diameter at every coordinate, and feed that to the cutter.

CD and RStones is probably my favorite, and I have a post process to go to both DSTech DS400-6C stone setter, and also to ProSpangle for multidecoration capability, plus I have a Roland VG-540 wide format printer cutter, so I can print HTV, then spangle over, and then rhinestone, all in perfect size-registration.

We dont cut templates anymore, here.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.