T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
The site looks real nice & has easy navigation. To specifically target your demographic would be very hard. Your focusing on selling to so many audiences which in return is making your demographic HUGE, making it hard to narrow the field. For me id say 17 - 34. Try grouping your shirts, then define each group demographically & figure out the youngest and the oldest age. Then focus on what those groups take interest in.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I'd say your demographic is high school and college kids. But only you can know for sure.

On a separate note, be careful about the usage of the Obama logo, MTA logo and Chris Brown image.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
On a separate note, be careful about the usage of the Obama logo, MTA logo and Chris Brown image.

Definitely you're in line for copyright problems$$$
Be careful. You'll never make enough from your biz to cover those infringement penalties.

I think HS to college too.
Site looks good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turning into another thread lol. Are celebrity photos off limits?? I see them all the time. Especially the Chuck norris and tiger woods shirts. Also i thought the mta logo was tweaked enough not to get sued. Thanks for the comments though

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
turning into another thread lol.
Sorry about that. But I figured you would want to know before you start blogging and driving more traffic to your site. It's a lot better to hear this news on a forum than in a cease and desist letter.

Are celebrity photos off limits??
Without license or permission, they are off limits. Whoever took the photo of Chirs Brown owns the copyright to that image. And Chris Brown owns the exclusive right to profit off his own name and likeness. This is known as Right of Publicity.

I see them all the time. Especially the Chuck norris and tiger woods shirts.
Some are licensed, some are not. Some get away with it, some don't. But if you don't have license or permission, it's illegal and you are at risk to be sued.

Also i thought the mta logo was tweaked enough not to get sued.
It doesn't work that way. You can't "tweak" a logo and avoid infringement. It's clearly the MTA logo and it's obvious you want customers to know you are referencing the MTA. You are definitely at risk to be sued with that design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts