T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I got myself another "oopsie" situation tonight. I was trying to put a transfer on a pure white, 100% cotton Gildan tshirt. This particular design needs high temp and time. So I used 400 F and 12 seconds, hot peel.

After I did that I could see a faint darker outline everywhere the press touched the shirt around the transfer paper. I did press some black burnout tees just before that, but I assume the top plate was clean. So that means I must have actually scorched the tee a bit, right?

Is there a max temp you can use on a white tee before you risk doing this? And/or a time limit too? I did not use a Teflon sheet, need to get me one. Any info or advice much appreciated, thanks. :)

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi. It was a screenprinted Plastisol design on transfer paper. The instructions that came with it says 390F to 400F for 10 seconds. But I have been having a hard time with it, any lower than 400 F and the damn design does not come off the paper. It has some kind of silver glitter stuff on it? Been a pain.

After a closer look I see the lower faint darker color follows the slight curve of how the black burnout shirts were I did just before this one. Could I have gotten some of the polyester color onto the top plate? Will order a few Teflon sheets tonight, thanks.

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IMO....If your design is not ad hearing, putting a Teflon sheet over top will make the problem worse....The Teflon sheet will absorb some of the heat you need to make the transfer work.....
I was wondering about that too. I think I just need to forget this design, it's the same one I asked about last week. Can't seem to get it to come off the paper right. Maybe it's old or something. Live and learn,,,, doing that a lot these days! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.