T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is Sarah. I run a small at home business, in NYC. I'm new to the forum. Just getting my feet wet in the T-Shirt world. Looking for marketing tips.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Hi Sarah, welcome to the forums.

It's hard to point out the 'best' method for marketing since all brands are different. What works for one, may not work for another.

The first thing is to figure out how you want to sell. Are you selling online? Do you have a store? Do you sell at any events? Are you selling to retailers?

Next, you need to figure out your target audience. Be as specific as possible. Then you can figure out some marketing ideas that cater to that market and demographic.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Best is what works best for you. Always a good idea is to wear your own product for the things you do personally like going shopping. If you have a website address on the backside of the shirt it will bring you visitors. I had people come direct to me and ask me about the shirt I was wearing. I tell them where to get it or hand them a business card.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can do offline marketing: wearing your own product and handing out business cards, or you could do online marketing: creating websites or posts that link back to your website.

You could do both. I actually don't do offline marketing though. I may do in the future.

If you want to do online marketing, I suggest signing up to websites that link back to your site. For this i recommend using squidoo. There you can create a lens, and then the you can put your own link in the lens. You could also use forums. You can put your link to your website in your signature. (like i have done here)

I use facebook and twitter, but getting fans without a high brand presence is hard to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can do offline marketing: wearing your own product and handing out business cards, or you could do online marketing: creating websites or posts that link back to your website.

You could do both. I actually don't do offline marketing though. I may do in the future.

If you want to do online marketing, I suggest signing up to websites that link back to your site. For this i recommend using squidoo. There you can create a lens, and then the you can put your own link in the lens. You could also use forums. You can put your link to your website in your signature. (like i have done here)

I use facebook and twitter, but getting fans without a high brand presence is hard to do.
Thank you for the info. I'm in the process of building my website; and will look into using squidoo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts