T-Shirt Forums banner
141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got you kind of. Just to verify the white will not show through it's just used as a primer to lift the color that you want to use to make it more vibrant or stand out. Also will you get charged more for this or is it standard.

Oh yeah number 2 is somewhere in here. Sorry I am new and don't know how to attach the question here.

·
Administrator
15,478 Posts
Got you kind of. Just to verify the white will not show through it's just used as a primer to lift the color that you want to use to make it more vibrant or stand out. Also will you get charged more for this or is it standard.

Oh yeah number 2 is somewhere in here. Sorry I am new and don't know how to attach the question here.
Correct, it works like a primer coat in house painting. Because it entails creating another screen and printing the ink, there is usually always a charge for it. It's considered another color. So for example red ink on a white underbase is considered a 2 color job.

To quote a message, like I just did with your latest post above, go to the post and click the 'Reply with Quote' link in the lower right and corner of the post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a newbie and I am looking to transfer logos on ribbon and silky/shinny material for hair bows. I know this post started several years ago, and new products have surfaced. My question is, is the new Roland Versa Studio BN-20 a plastersol printer and if not do you know what the differences are? I am thinking they are not the same because the Roland printer requires the image to be cut. And also has anyone come out with an actual plastisol printer yet that works like an inkjet/laser and not a screen press?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Will plastisol transfer paper work in a Yudo machine?
Yes, if you use plastisol ink.

...is the new Roland Versa Studio BN-20 a plastersol printer and if not do you know what the differences are?
And also has anyone come out with an actual plastisol printer yet that works like an inkjet/laser and not a screen press?
No, it's a solvent printer/vinyl cutter.

There were rumors but I have never seen or read of an actual product.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Is it true that you cannot tumble dry or iron plastisol transfers because they can melt with the heat?
What about the licensed transfers done by Art Brands/Wild Side etc. are they Plastisol?

Jim

·
Administrator
15,478 Posts
Is it true that you cannot tumble dry or iron plastisol transfers because they can melt with the heat?
What about the licensed transfers done by Art Brands/Wild Side etc. are they Plastisol?

Jim
Heat from a dryer does not get hot enough to melt plastisol. Your iron could though. Always iron the shirt inside out.

Most licensed transfers are plastisol. But they may sell other types so read the description or ask before you purchase.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
I am a newbie and I am looking to transfer logos on ribbon and silky/shinny material for hair bows. I know this post started several years ago, and new products have surfaced. My question is, is the new Roland Versa Studio BN-20 a plastersol printer and if not do you know what the differences are? I am thinking they are not the same because the Roland printer requires the image to be cut. And also has anyone come out with an actual plastisol printer yet that works like an inkjet/laser and not a screen press?
@kerobbymom Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a "plastisol printer"

Plastisol transfers are *just* screen printing. On transfer paper. So instead of hiring a screen printer to print directly on t-shirts, you are hiring a screen printer to print on transfer release paper.

The BN-20 is not a "plastisol printer". It's a solvent inkjet printer/cutter for the desktop. It prints on solvent rolls and you apply that to the t-shirts with a heat press.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for your help . One more question , if we need to print two colors numbers by this method ? Can we do that ? For example, i want to printer the numbers in ready and outline white. Can we heat press a big under base white number first and then heat press to print the red number above the white number by using this heat transfer plastisol technique ? if we can . How about the quality , is that still good ? Thanks

·
Administrator
15,478 Posts
Thanks for your help . One more question , if we need to print two colors numbers by this method ? Can we do that ? For example, i want to printer the numbers in ready and outline white. Can we heat press a big under base white number first and then heat press to print the red number above the white number by using this heat transfer plastisol technique ? if we can . How about the quality , is that still good ? Thanks
Cheaper to just have a 2 color transfer made. Easier too, half the work.

141 - 160 of 182 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.