T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking into getting a new laser printer that will only be used for making transparencies and half tones for screen printing.

I currently have a Hp laserjet 1300 and it is giving me a lot of hard times. The main problem is that it is not printing opaque enough. I usually have to print 3 transparencies for on image a line them up to get a good opaque image and even then i have problems exposing the image. Also, it's pretty damn hard lining up 3 halftones. The second problem is that it's simple breaking down.

So my question to you all is: does anyone happen to know some good laser printers out there that is good for making halftones and opaque transparencies? I am very clueless to makes and models and what is good for what.

Hoping to find a new one around $500. But willing to go p to $1000.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I use a vellum from caseyspm.com called "Better than Vellum" in my HP 2015.

The paper holds the toner and gives me a good screen exposure for solids and half-tones. If you get a few of the trade magazines, you might find a vellum sheet inserted as an ad. Cut it out, turn it over and run it through your printer and see what you get.

There is also a spray that will blacken up your toner, but I have never needed it with Caseys vellum.

(BTY don't waste your time with vellum from an office supply store, the toner won't stick)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Xante Screen writer 4 with Crystal Clear paper is perfect, best ever. I also use spray to get really black coverage. Xante can print up to 2400x2400 dpi, and 13x18,5".

·
Registered
76 Posts
Xante will give you the best results IMO
kimoto Laser Films also works good
for simple one color jobs use Casey's Translucency
and to make it darker use Casey's Ultra Black

Your local supplier would have all these in stock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts