T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I used water based inks and am shopping for ink degradent, screen wash, emulsion and such. What should I get that will work well and is economical? Thanks mucchh.

Edit:
Also, can I use a degreaser I can buy at a local store to degrease my screens instead of the commercially available degreasers specified for screen printing?

If I use water resistant emulsion, do I have to go through any special processes to reclaim the screen other than using a higher concentrate of emulsion remover? Any toxic waste concerns?

What water based emulsion is most recommended?

Sorry for so many questions, but I can't seem to find the answers anywhere I've looked.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Ink Degradent: Water

Screen Wash: Water

Degreaser: Dish Soap (Just rinse well)

Emulsion: There are a few. I like Murakami Aquasol HV personally. But I'm about to try some Ulano QT Discharge. These reclaim very well, even when post exposed for hardening. I've done runs of 400-500 prints with one screen and no breakdown. Then they reclaim like any other screen.

You will need something to clean the stains from the screen. I like the soy cleaners for that. The seem to work well combined with a power washer.

·
Registered
289 Posts
send it back, it won't hold up against blue or green matsui 301. i don't know why, maybe richard greaves can clue us in. stan P.S. cool new site phillip.

·
Registered
80 Posts
How is the Murakami concerning environmental risks or toxic properties? When you reclaim with it can it be flushed down the drain without any hazardous results? I am talking about the TS specifically.

Tim

·
Registered
289 Posts
water is used to degrade(clean) both wet and dried matsui transparent inks until they are heat set or have a fixer added. yes fred it's true, a water nozzle is all that's needed. the h2o spray bottle and paper towels can clean up your job on press if you need to leave a multi color set up. i print in fresno, ca where it gets 113 and very dry so i keep my breaks short and don't have any problems. last year when i received my matsui 301rc i printed up some radio station logos and took them to the radio station promo lady who i had done work for in the past. the logo wasn't in the right colors because i didn't have the mixing software yet. as i stood there telling her the benefits of water base i noticed her thumb was running back and forth across the print trying to feel the hand. i told her we could now print her logo jumbo size for the same money and it would feel great. i could tell she wanted me to leave so she could take the big boss the sample and become a hero. these people have 5 large radio stations and have bought tens of thousands of plastisol shirts, but that stopped the second her fingers touched my sample. i can now print ribbed garments that plastisol can't touch because it ruins the fabric. fiberlation which became a big issue when i started doing fine plastisol work isn't a problem with matsui because it looks natural not like a flocked plastic. people now seek me out from across the nation to do water base and discharge. i have never advertised, they do a search on this forum for water base threads then check my postings and like what they read, i send them a sample and let my work sell itself. need a sample fred? and yes the ladies love water base, and that should be reason enough for us male printers to make the switch. no hand stan the water base man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts