T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to buy a heat press this coming month. Since there are so many out there, I wanted to ask what you guys recommend? brand? I don't have a lot of space, so I just need something to get me started. I mostly want to press rhinestones and transfers. I am looking for the best quality at the best price :O)
Thanks,
Desi AKA Silverbolt

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hi Desi, Hotronix, Hix and Geo Knight are the top brands as far as I know. I have a Phoenix Phire made by Hotronix my self and it has been a good press for me. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those manufacturers.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Desiree. I suggest that you purchase a machine that is within your budget and from a quality supplier..

·
Registered
372 Posts
what is your to-get-you-started budget?
i agree, those brand names are good machines and if you are willing to spend close to 1k.

i started with no-brand heat press, $250 and still working up to now (after 5 years).

·
Registered
278 Posts
I started with a Sunie Seiki 15x15 heat press, and it was cheap, and it worked damn good. I sold it on ebay and now I bought the Sunie 16x24 heat press for $399 from sunie.com. My point is, just because its cheap, doesn't make it bad, wish their were more companies like Sunie.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I started with a Sunie Seiki 15x15 heat press, and it was cheap, and it worked damn good. I sold it on ebay and now I bought the Sunie 16x24 heat press for $399 from sunie.com. My point is, just because its cheap, doesn't make it bad, wish their were more companies like Sunie.
i agree. i think mine is from sunie too (can't remember exactly). it just says "omron" on it's timer and no other markings. :)

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I purchased a Stahls Hotronixs 16x20....I love it and it has held up very well (going on 2 years now). However the one of my top features on my next press will be one that has a heating unit that slides out of the way. I get sick of reach towards the back knowing that the hot plate is hovering right over my hand. I also think it would be a lot easier to line transfers/vinyl up on the shirt being able to look above the shirt and not at an angle.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Don't forget that a heat press may force you into a maximum size print! If your press is 12x12, you probably cannot print larger than 11x11.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,874 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I certainly wouldn't want to argue about it, as we are capable of curing larger prints, but it's not fun or easy and it's certainly not a high-volume solution to cure in stages.

Wet ink on exposed surfaces can get you into trouble, so I think users should consider the alternatives before jumping in. We do internet shirt fulfillment and we have shirts all over the place. If we have to print larger format, we literally do it at a separate facility because it's so much easier with a conveyor.

Ultimately, users should consider all the variables before making decisions.

Cheers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the hotronix 16x16 auto press. It is a great machine and I have made lots of money on it. Now they released the fusion from stahls hotronix it slides and swings and you can change the lower platten. It's pricy at $1799 but guarntee it will pay itself off quick.

Good luck

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hix x650p... just buy it and don't look back... 16 x 20 so you can do anything, auto open so you can walk away if need be, digital temp, time AND pressure so no guess work...
Latitude 42

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is a hint... If you live in a big town, Craigslist is your friend.
We have been using a HIX for several years. It has given us trouble and had to be repaired several times. I was in a jam recently and looked local on craigslist and got a 1200.00 hix 600d for $500.00 cash.
Did I mention it was like new?

It seems lots of people jump into business and it doesn't work out, and they look to sell their stuff.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for the many suggestions! Best to you all and your business

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
any more thoughts? I was looking into a Rinchon for around 249 dollars. There is a shop in the LA area that sells them. The price is right but I don't know what kind of press it is.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Thanks for that input, I think I too am going to buy the SunIE brand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts