T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase screen printing equipment and was wondering what are some of the important things I should be looking for? I am thinking about a four color machine...what should I make sure it has before buying? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Re: Screen Printing Equipment?

The basics.

1. Macro-Registration
2. Rotating Platens
3. Rotating Heads

Outside of that, anything goes.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Just adding to what DTG said'
1. Ask about how well the press holds registration (important but I think overlooked when buying your first press)
2. Make sure that the platens that come included are big enough, most of my prints are big, so the medium platens that came with my press are useless, (had to make my own)
Also you might want to look into a 6 or 8 color press why your at it, if your printing on dark shirts that require a white underbase, you will limit you to three colors. 3+1 underbase

·
Registered
227 Posts

TheJunkyard said:
I am looking to purchase screen printing equipment and was wondering what are some of the important things I should be looking for? I am thinking about a four color machine...what should I make sure it has before buying? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
another serious consideration is how many work stations... It may not seem important at first but will be later on... My first press had 2 workstations... i thought thats great......and it worked well... i would print on one side and my son would take them off on the other side... seemed all we needed.... but i soon realized that i wish it had 4 try running a 500 shirt order and you'll wish you had someone putting them on as the other was taking them off... the small gain in speed becomes a huge gain in output at the end of the day... theres many other considerations but just thought i'd throw that one in its rarely mentioned..

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Don't buy anything from a guy in a suit. :)

Don't buy ebay junk that claims to be all you need to start making money.

Go to screenprinters.net and join the forums over there. Look in the classfieds there for used equip. When you find something in your price range, ask about it on the forums over there. You'll get tons of help from real pros.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I wish that I had more workstations on mine (I have 2). They rotate, so thats good. I have 6 heads that rotate as well. My main complaint is I need more going at once. I wish I had at leat 4 platens! Also, mine is a tabletop model that I had to set up on my own workbench, so I wish I had gotten the one with a stand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts