T-Shirt Forums banner

what fashion trade shows are out there?

1392 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  DimSum
hey guys looking for other trade shows,besides the magic in vegas somthing smaller for start up companys like mines, where the small guys have a chance. thanks for any help.:)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Re: what trade shows are out there?

hey guys looking for other trade shows,besides the magic in vegas somthing smaller for start up companys like mines, where the small guys have a chance. thanks for any help.:)
There is an ISS show in Atlanta in September I believe.
Reactions: 1
Re: what trade shows are out there?

^I was thinking the same thing. I would like to attend one.......ISS? Will have to look into that. Thanks
There are other fashion tradeshows like:

The Agenda Show
POOLTRADESHOW | Las Vegas | Homepage
Thread
ASR Home
Designers & Agents

Class

Note: These are smaller shows but they are still thousands of dollars to exhibit at. And they might not be the best shows if you are showing only T-shirts. They are better for "premium" designers with a whole line (knits, wovens, tops, bottoms) in moderate price points (wholesale $25 to $250).

Barney's buyers shop these shows, not stores that sell $5.00 sunglasses.

Go attend the shows before you apply as an exhibitor. And chances are, you have to exhibit at the same show for 3 seasons before you get enough orders to cover the cost. Don't do shows if you hope to make money right away.
why not try to host your own or everyone thats small buget like me get together and figure out how to make it happen
sound good let me know,how can we do somthig like that cause i have no idea!
Where do you live? Or should I say how far are you willing to travel?
Starting a brand new show is very difficult to get retailers to come. There are so many shows out there already. There was a new show called United back in 2006, organized by the brother of Ronda Walker (Pool Trade Show's founder), and it discontinued even though they got 80 brands to exhibit. Brands like Cardboard Robot and Live Mechanics.

One way to do it is to have temporary booths at Market Weeks at established wholesale centers. Cause buyers already know about places like California Market Center in LA, World Trade Center in Dallas, and Americasmart in Atlanta. My own line is menswear, and I already tried exhibiting in Dallas and LA. Not very good results. I can't speak for those in womenswear and the market week in Atlanta. Anyone from Atlanta can let me know?

Friends of mine also tried renting hotel suites at the Venetian during MAGIC in Las Vegas. They get some appointments with old customer, but impossible to get new ones to come because MAGIC/POOL/PROJECT are already massive. Buyers are too tired to go anywhere else.

Any new ideas?
See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.