T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have Spectra 3000 and I can say its amazing.I had printer based on Epson 4880 and it's was too slow. Epson 4880 is outdated.This one is so fast, and EK RIP works great. It saves a lot of time. All those ads on many DTGs promising 300 t-shirts a day is just a joke, its impossible. And on this one I got my record number of prints per day on Father's day sales. The pressurized ink system really makes a difference.

Also I got Another Spectra 3000 couple of weeks ago, it sells for 6000$ now.
So are u saying the Neoflex runs Epson 4880?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have Spectra 3000 and I can say its amazing.I had printer based on Epson 4880 and it's was too slow. Epson 4880 is outdated.This one is so fast, and EK RIP works great. It saves a lot of time. All those ads on many DTGs promising 300 t-shirts a day is just a joke, its impossible. And on this one I got my record number of prints per day on Father's day sales. The pressurized ink system really makes a difference.

Also I got Another Spectra 3000 couple of weeks ago, it sells for 6000$ now.
I just checked because I thought it was a price without warranty but I was wrong. According to their ebay listing, its a summer sale and you have 1 year warranty as long as you go to training at their NJ facility.

There are a lot of specials this month!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I talked with a sales rep from Spectra and he said he is not going to attend the Las Vegas show in August. I would like to see it perform in person before i buy one. But they are on the East coast and I live on the west coast so that makes it hard. Also he said they have only been around since January 2014. ALL of the reviews I have seen have been positive about the Spectra but I'm leaning towards not buying one because, 1. I can't see it in person in less I fly to the east coast. 2. They only had it on the market since January of this year. 3. He says he has a 4-8 week waiting list. 4. I'm a very skeptical person and all those good reviews, might not be real, if u know what I mean. The guy also said that the spectra 3000 was a game changer for $8000. He said DTG companies have been taking advantage of customers for years by over pricing for their machinces. And he also said alot of companies are dropping their prices like Neoflex went from $16,000 to $10,000, because of the Spectra 3000. Right now even thought it is higher in price, I think I might go with the Neoflex.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Still you make some good points. The neoflex is a proven printer with exellent reviews in performance and support. The spectra has a lot less reviews because it's new. I guess it depends whether you want to "take a chance" on a new printer and save $6,000. Or take the safe bet and get what we all know is the best dtg printer out there. Like I said whichever you choose, I'm sure you will be a happy customer.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I talked with a sales rep from Spectra and he said he is not going to attend the Las Vegas show in August. I would like to see it perform in person before i buy one. But they are on the East coast and I live on the west coast so that makes it hard. Also he said they have only been around since January 2014. ALL of the reviews I have seen have been positive about the Spectra but I'm leaning towards not buying one because, 1. I can't see it in person in less I fly to the east coast. 2. They only had it on the market since January of this year. 3. He says he has a 4-8 week waiting list. 4. I'm a very skeptical person and all those good reviews, might not be real, if u know what I mean. The guy also said that the spectra 3000 was a game changer for $8000. He said DTG companies have been taking advantage of customers for years by over pricing for their machinces. And he also said alot of companies are dropping their prices like Neoflex went from $16,000 to $10,000, because of the Spectra 3000. Right now even thought it is higher in price, I think I might go with the Neoflex.
The NeoFlex is a great printer you cant go wrong. They have a talented staff, they also have an excellent 2 day training in philly! don't forget to get a chese steak when your there.. :)

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
When anybody has some doubt best choice is go to the show and check with own eyes. Worth Gold.:). Jeff is talented guy. His partner has to keep up with new launch until have many references. Another option is send your art work work to all Dtg manufactures and ask print for you. Choose hardest image you can. Wish your best.:)
Cheers! Inks are on me always.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The NeoFlex is a great printer you cant go wrong. They have a talented staff, they also have an excellent 2 day training in philly! don't forget to get a chese steak when your there.. :)
Very clever. You say nothing but nice things about Neoflex, but all your links in your signature is Spectra 3000. What type of inks does the Spectra 3000 use and how do they compare with Neoflex?
Thanks in advance

Reactions: UNDERDOGG

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
I Neoflex went from $16,000 to $10,000, because of the Spectra 3000. Right now even thought it is higher in price, I think I might go with the Neoflex.
LOL,
Thank you but Wrong statement. But good guess which I never thought about it. Spectra present is not AA's concern at all. Actually I support Jeff and advise him how to be success many times. Best service, provide lowest possible price, love them as own family, their success is your success ---etc. Jeff used to work for AA. Jeff was DIY started person who loves Dtg. We get along real well. :)
My competitors are BIG guys.:D I will never aim who try to make a honest living. I just prey for him "never like easyT guys". I told Jeff face to face at show while we share sandwich together.
AA discount cause is much deeper than many are thinking. I believe it was right choice.
Your success is Our success! AA does believe this.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
I want to add one more benefit to choose between Spectra and NeoFlex is
Buyer can only change Printer only. Not exchange whole machine. New printer introduced? just add on with little investment. Take less than 3 minutes. I think Jeff learned when he works for AA. Lol.
So much fun, I love forum.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Nevermind, I found it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
ISS trade show in Las Vegas Aug 3,4,5 is that the show I need to attend if I'm interested in buying a DTG?
attending a trade show before buying a DTG is almost mandatory
you'll get a better deal if you haggle at a trade show
&
you'll be able to compare printers directly and hands on as well as see their output. someone here suggested spending an hour working with any printer you're interested in to learn it's quirks and find the best match

i should have finished reading this thread before adding redundant info.

it's really exciting to see the prices for both spectra and neoflex dropping. $18k+ is a lot of money for a small startup to invest in a DTG printer. whoever said they're doing 50 shirts a day is pretty lucky. another member here does a couple to a dozen shirts a day.

$6k for a spectra is even better than the already reasonable $8k list price compared to the competition and a $10k neoflex is a nice bargain too for sure.

i was already convinced that neoflex is the measuring stick to compare all other printers against before visiting this thread and now see it as "the absolute gold stand" (no pun on absolute printers intended) i know you can get one for $12k, but would imagine you really need to go to a show to get the extra $2k savings.

i bet american DTG printers are starting to feel some pressure from chinese brands. i personally would never trust one unless it was proven in the marketplace and had dedicated US based service. otherwise, i picture a nightmare of owning a very expensive brick.

just yesterday, i saw mention of UFO brand printers that sell for just $2k-$4k. that definitely creates pressure on other brands to stay competitive. at that price, i bet they're made in china.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I totally agree about going to shows and bringing your graphics to print, pay attention to the entire process. how easy was it to print, how close do the colors match. Ask maybe to be walked though it quickly. Its a very competitive market and everyone is going to tell you its the best printer. taking the time to see what really goes on to make it happen and comparing the quality is key. If you get turned away even see if you can come back at the end of the show to do it. And don't forget to give them all a good wash, a good print does noting for you being washed down the drain after a few washes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
One nice thing about the Spectra is that it is light and portable. Here is a picture of me working like a "dog" this weekend at home. Had a bunch of shirts to print and didn't want to go to the office.

Seriously though, it weighs about 30 lbs and is very easy to transport and set up. I often work at home and this printer is perfect for that

Attachments

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
One nice thing about the Spectra is that it is light and portable. Here is a picture of me working like a "dog" this weekend at home. Had a bunch of shirts to print and didn't want to go to the office.

Seriously though, it weighs about 30 lbs and is very easy to transport and set up. I often work at home and this printer is perfect for that
Looking good! :) your actually pretty close on the weight. Its approx. 40.5 # pounds with the removable platen off and approx. 47# pounds with the platen on ;) Considering the original print engine weighs in @ 35 pounds before conversion in the equation is pretty remarkable outcome.. you cant mistake weight for strength this is a misconception, there are a lot of materials very strong and light weight an example being carbon fiber.. best of luck in your venture...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Spectra 3000 Spectra 3000 Digital Garment Printer...the affordable DTG solution about $6,000 blows the doors off of anything. If you want to spend more, the new Epson SureColor F2000 with White. The latest and the creates as well, a real workhorse for about 16K
THESE ARE BOTH THE NEW 3rd GENERATION DTG PRINTERS!

Stay away from everything else and don't buy anything used!

john eisenberg call me if you wish, just did the whole due diligence thing LEARNED MUCH! Beware lots of Snake Oil Salepeople pushing Anchor Weights CAVEAT EMPTOR.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi underdog. I worked with family in the tee biz for 2.5 years as the mgr. we had brother gt-541. I never had the first problem with it. we paid 26K for it new. we didn't get our money's worth out of it. however, I was basically the only employee. we couldn't find enough biz to stay open. we sold our gt 541machine and the whole biz for around 12K. it was an excellent machine and all our customers loved the work it produced. we ran into a few probs as far as always getting calls about doing black tees and us not having white ink was an issue. maybe u could buy a used machine. good luck .

21 - 40 of 51 Posts