T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
You need to reset the chips. There maybe a reset on the cartridge part in the printer. Hit the ink change button hold reset for 5 sec and hit ink change button again. Otherwise you will have to find out what CISS system you have and follow their reset procedures. Mine are auto resetting.

The chips need to be reset every 10-13 ml of ink use if they are not auto resetting.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Marc just figure out your reset procedures and you'll be on your way.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried resetting on the reset button and still no luck.
I pushed it in for 15 seconds and then hit the ink button and the cartridges move to the left all the
way and bavk to right but not all the way and then orange light blinks again.
Also made sure all cartridges are pushed down all the way.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Try taking them all out, turning off the machine and let it sit for at least 5 minutes. Then turn it back on and replace the carts. You might also have clogged print heads or a clogged line.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Have you tried powering down and turn back on. Mine are auto resetting so I just hit the cartridge button or power down and they are full but most time it resets on its own when it goes to empty status. Contact who you got it from and find out where he got from so you can get the reset instructions. Over the last 10 years I have seen some crazy reset instructions. I couldn't do cartridges as I have had jobs that use 70-120 ml of ink. I would have to stop every 10-15 ml to fill doesn't sound like fun to me.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Try taking them all out, turning off the machine and let it sit for at least 5 minutes. Then turn it back on and replace the carts. You might also have clogged print heads or a clogged line.
Part of this is not bad advice doing as mentioned above may reset chips also hit and hold the reset while the are out of printer. The printer will not give you that error message from calogged line or print head as they have no way to detect this. All the info about ink is stored on the chip from usage not wether its printing. This info is not to start a debate just to educate. I have 10+ years in working with epson printers and CISS

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Pull tab and loosen 1 at a time after you have all the tabs unlocked you'll have to light
Y wiggle them all at one time up. If you can find out the manufacture or supplier I can get you the reset procedure for you system.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Glad to hear. I would still investigate your manufacture and reset procedures so you don't have to do this every time you have to reset the chips. Good luck

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Take a good pic of the ciss 1 of the cartridges and 1 of the ink portion and post and I'll see if my ink guy can identify it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.