T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm writing up my t-shirt descriptions and find I don't know what some of the words mean, and also what all is worth including. First off, what do "satin garment washed" and "fabric garment washed" mean? And what does satin finished mean? I tried google but just kept seeing the words in tee descriptions...not a definition.

Lastly, do you think it's important to include the "gr per sq m" info and the "blind stitched hem"... and all o that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Whoa...does this mean that no one else knows what it means either? Or is it just a really boring question? I thought everyone would be banging down the door with this one educating me. :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Those are just labels for particular types of washes and or treatments that a company does to it's T. You can use whatever label you want to describe the wash/treatment. It would be a good idea if you familiarized yourself with the basic treatments that can be done to a t-shirt like enzyme washes, silicone softeners, etc.

IMO it's not important to use "gr per sq m" as this only signifies the weight of the fabric and most people don't understand what that means. Usually most people only use the yarn weight. For example, Affliction uses 30 and 40 single mens T's. The 30 single and 40 single signify the yarn weight that was used when they knitted the fabric. Something like a AAA or Gildan T is usually an 18 single tubular fabric. The higher the number the thinner the yarn which usually means the fabric is lighter.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts