T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Great site for info, love it! I do have one strange question, so if I may...

What does the expression "pop" mean on this forum?

I notice some of the crew here talking about their art "popped", now I have to know what does this mean??

I can only imagine that it means like the image was printed very well and heat cured and sealed well without losing any of the ink? And the print looks so shiny and new it basically "pops" up off the shirt and this is the best way any print can look? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I have done a few of these, but as I don't wash test every print I do, I cannot say if the freshness or "popped" print keeps its "poppedness" after its 1st wash!

Pop away,

Trip

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I agree POP = point of purchase. I have also seem the word pop used for describing vibrant colors. I guess you /we will have to determine which way it's meant by the context of the thread it's in. ..... JB

·
Registered
80 Posts
While POP can mean point of purchase in this instance I feel it meant that the image jumped out at you. Or that it really stood out in a crowd of otherwise dull looking images. You guys are have been on this forum too long.....:D

·
Registered
311 Posts
I just changed the battery in my thermometer last night.
That brought the temperature here down from 100 to 85. :p

POP = Point of Presence. That's the place, where the telco connects your wires to the Internet.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
The pop your referring to is like to jump out at you, or that it stands out and grabs your attention :)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Thanks joeshaul!! I think yours was the best explanation of POP. Or I guess technically it would be a representation of POP. Thanks again!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts