T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How important is to blend/mix/steer the ink before use it?
During the weekend I was going to star a job,everything set up, the ink was on the screen.
I printed the fist fleece with no problem. When I try the second one, the ink just got stuck in the mesh (110).
Tried with ink cleaner, but nothing worked.
I had to reclaim the screen. I did everything the same way again, but this time I improvised a mixer, and mixed the ink, and it looked creamy. Then I printed the other 50 something fleeces with no problem.
QUESTIONs :
-Do you guys buy some kind of mixer (like the one used for paint) ?
-Do you always mix the ink?
-The room temperature has something to do with the ink being more creamy or less?

· Registered
479 Posts
Some stir plastisol ink, some don't. I do. I buy these plastic spatulas for less than $1 a piece where I buy my ink. I stir with it then use it to scoop ink onto the screen.

Room temperature definitely has a lot to do with consistency. The warmer the ink, the more creamy it is.
That is what i do as well. If I dont use a colro for a while it will build up a layer of liquid, and the ink will be tough after i mix it up it is nice and smooth adn easy to work with.

· Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys.
I am still using the small containers that came with my screen printing package.
I have to have an individual mixer for every ink.
SO it is not IMPERATIVE to mix the ink, does it depends on your preferences?

· Registered
14 Posts
Had you flashed or heated the ink around the mesh? It sounds like it got flashed into your screen. If you print and flash and then print again, sometimes the heat in the ink will cure the ink in your screens. If you based down your ink with soft hand or base extender it might have slowed your cure rate, thus the lack of issue on the second 50 prints.​

· Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had you flashed or heated the ink around the mesh? It sounds like it got flashed into your screen. If you print and flash and then print again, sometimes the heat in the ink will cure the ink in your screens. If you based down your ink with soft hand or base extender it might have slowed your cure rate, thus the lack of issue on the second 50 prints.​
I've printed then flashed for 10 sec. waited about 15 sec. to cool down the pallet then printed, then flashed again for 10sec., and then I cured in a conveyor oven.
I have used before the same ink from that container. No problems.
It was just a little of ink that was stuck in the mesh, enough to be visible on the garment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.