T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Andrea w/ punkbebe!

I think your site has a nice start off to it, but as with any website, it could use tweaking. Here are my 2 cents:

1) Like rodney said, your header size is huge, and when clicking on the tee shirt image, it automatically adds to your shopping cart. If you plan on having a lot of people visit the site, bandwidth could potentially be an issue.

EDIT: I see that your homepage banner was reduced, however, your shopping cart banner is still 300k+

2) When you add an image to the shopping cart, the header has no border and just appears like an uncropped image.

3) For a shop that deals in t-shirt sales, you have a lot of text on your homepage. I would recommend reducing text or moving the homepage into an "about us" page.

4) Using gradients can be very tricky, I think that if used improperly, it can lead to a more amateurish look, which in turn will make users no want to buy from your site. In your design, I think that its borderline misused.

5) No doctype was specified. If you want to optimize your search engine results, I would recommend doing so.

6) Your shopping cart should still contain a footer.

7) You should add more contact information. One of the first things I look at in a legit company is that they have ways that I can contact them if anything should go wrong.

8) Font consistency, you use 2 different types of fonts it appears.

9) In your page title, it says "www.punkbabe.com" but your site is "www.punkbebe.com"

I think you're off to a great start. I posted the above to just critique your website so please dont take any offense to it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
DickTees.net said:
Just curious... are you at all concerned about the women's boutique Bebe?
not really, do you think I should be? The company is "punk bebe" if I used just "bebe" than that might be an issue, but on Trademarks > Trademark Electronic Search System(Tess)
there are several companies using bebe, such as: hola bebe, bebe blue, bebe sport, just to name a few (currently 188 companies)

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Again, I would never use someones ideas for profit, but thank-you for the info.
Thanks for clearing that up :) So many people skip the "ask permission" part because it's not the easiest route. Nice to hear that not everyone does :D

I think once you make it so when you click on a t-shirt thumbnail, you go to that t-shirts product page with an enlarged image of the t-shirt, the site will flow much better.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Nice site... All that info right at the top of your page should be in the Q & A page..or an "About Us" page

dang..I wish I could get this much critical feedback for my site so I can make the necessary adjustments. :p

Instead I have to wait for my girlfriend to say.."hahhaha that part of your site sucks"....before I see notice it myself..and make the change...lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did you post it here asking for a critique? Not that I'm any good but I would be glad to take a look at it - I bet others will too.

Ken Styles said:
Nice site... All that info right at the top of your page should be in the Q & A page..or an "About Us" page

dang..I wish I could get this much critical feedback for my site so I can make the necessary adjustments. :p

Instead I have to wait for my girlfriend to say.."hahhaha that part of your site sucks"....before I see notice it myself..and make the change...lol

·
Registered
605 Posts
dub3325 said:
Pretty sure he was talking to Ken Styles there aven.
lol

yes if you are speaking to me...

Yes I posted it here..but only got 3 feedbacks

so it's just my girlfriend that tells me what to do to it

:eek:

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
avenyedy said:
Ken Styles, what is your url so we can take a look?
His feedback thread is here:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=3246

I think one of the reasons you didn't get as much feedback was because you didn't include your URL in the first post (or you removed it later) and your first post just says "ok will be doing that now" (which makes it more difficult for someone to follow or get involved in the thread). Also, you need more engaging thread title than "hey guys" :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
twosouls said:
Nice and simple, easy to navigate. Do you screenprint your designs or are they heatstamped? I was also wondering how you got the copyright to print Jimi Hendrix tees?

Good work!

Mark
Thank-you!! I went to http://www.jimihendrix.com/ filled out a image request form and am still waiting for it to be approved. I have the picture up on the the website but am not selling any shirts until the image is ok'd. I spoke with Authentic Hendrix and they said that it can take 6 months+ to get a reply. Sorry for the late reply.

www.punkbebe.com

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.