T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:confused: So I have been in the process of getting a new website and decided to go with a company this time. I just got the email that the site is up and I am wondering what you guys think?
It's in the draft phase right now so they want me to look it over and request changes, if any, to be made.

I have found a few things already; Title is wrong (shows punkbabe, should be punkbebe) Size chart need 12-18months, "home" tab

Please take a look, let me know what you think. Anything will help.

www.punkbebe.com

·
Registered
382 Posts
Not bad, it is a clean design. They need to make sure they use consistent font styles and sizes throughout though. I noticed them using verdana/arial and then times new roman on other pages. I'd stick with verdana if I were you, much easier to read. Not really into the gradient in the content tables though. I think a solid color would work better. Also table borders are pretty old in web design, most people don't use them anymore. I only noticed them in the "our shirts" section.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Not bad.

The url in the header graphic is a bit artifacty - it (the url section, not the whole header) would be better as a .gif than a .jpeg, or perhaps just a slightly different colour would look a bit cleaner.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Are any of you parents.. Sorry I would never put one of those designs on my child.. And if I saw a child with that shirt on I would be thinking about the parents thinking.. There may be a few that are ok.. but come on..These are for children!, Not! Ok Rodney let me have but I am not changing my mind on this one..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Overall, nice. The site's got a clean, slick look. However, you've got an awful lot of text up front on the home page. People don't like to read and big blocks of text like that can scare 'em away. I understand the need to use text to improve search engine rankings, but you could definitely make it less prominent and still achieve that goal.

It's also not entirely clear from the gitgo what this site is. If I'd landed here randomly I'd have assumed that this was a blog and might have clicked off into the wild blue before noticing the "Our Shirts" link in the left nav. You could solve that problem by adding a tagline, reducing the amt of text up front and by putting more professional product shots above the fold. The two kid shots you have there now are cute, but they say "look at my cute kid" (again, blog) more than they say "check out the cool shirts you can buy here".

I would also add "more info" and/or "buy" links to the Our Shirts page.

Finally, the url and header say punkbebe but the page titles say punkbabe. Is that a typo? (Oops, just noticed you mentioned that in your post).

All that being said, this is better than most version 1.0 sites!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
badalou said:
Are any of you parents.. Sorry I would never put one of those designs on my child.. And if I saw a child with that shirt on I would be thinking about the parents thinking.. There may be a few that are ok.. but come on..These are for children!, Not! Ok Rodney let me have but I am not changing my mind on this one..
it's ok that you don't like the designs, but you would be surprised at what people have their kids wear, see www.tshirthell.com
For now I am just wondering about the overall web design, and overall look.

·
Registered
97 Posts
when you select a shirt and add it to the cart - there is no picture of what you are buying - personally I like to see that to confirm what I think I am buying I am actually buying, maybe because its an offsite cart?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree, that's on my list of concerns. I am not sure how to make my images appear better (hard to read) without enlarging them too big. any advice?
I am thinking about taking pictures of shirts themselves with graphics vs. just design its self.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
It seems a bit weird that on the "our shirts" page that when you click on a t-shirt, it adds it to your cart instead of showing you more information about that t-shirt and a larger image of the design. Adding to cart is not the expected action when clicking on a t-shirt thumbnail, so that may throw customers off.

Your header image file size is VERY large (354.37 KB). That image could probably be resaved down to about 10-50kb and speed up the page loading time dramatically.

You should also be careful about copyrighted designs and using celebrity images. Make sure you have permissions to use images you didn't create.

For example, jimi hendrix's estate has a whole licensing department dedicated to managing how his likeness is used:
http://www.jimihendrix.com/licensing.html

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DickTees.net said:
That was very nice. I'll be sure to mention it next time I talk to him.
I am sure he would be happy to know that he has friends looking out for him, but please don't think that I would use someones artwork without their permission. I have contacted Mitch O'Connell several times and he is aware of my intentions with his artwork.
Please do, tell him Andrea with punk bebe says hi ;)
----------------
In response to the Hendrix artwork, I have submitted a image request to Authentic Hendrix, it's in "pending" status, no shirts are being sold at this time, web site is currently in the draft stage, (only up so I can view and make requested corrections) if someone tried to purchase this shirt, their payment would be declined at checkout. If it was to come back declined, picture would be taken off site. Again, I would never use someones ideas for profit, but thank-you for the info.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
badalou said:
I'd rather my child wore something with a vague bit of artistry and rebellious spirit than some mass-produced capitalist Disney tat :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree with Rodney. I was a bit surprised when I clicked on the shirts expecting to see a larger view, instead it was added to the cart. Some of us that are "older" need things enlarged. :)

·
2,957 Posts
monkeylantern said:
I'd rather my child wore something with a vague bit of artistry and rebellious spirit than some mass-produced capitalist Disney tat :)
I've got two children. Boys, ages 8 and 5, and I wouldn't let them either.:)

I think some of these shirts are a little bit more than vague. There are certain things that I think are appropriate for my children and some things that are not. These shirts would fall into the "are not" for my kids.

But, to each his own. I'm sure there are parents that don't have a problem with these kind of shirts at all.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts