T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many companies are starting to come out with those ink-jet t-shirt printers. SWF has one out. I don't think they would do good in a mall but in a amusment park where kids get the airbrushed hats and such. Even in a shop in a high tourist area (Stone Harbor, NJ I'm real close to there) There's no setup or screens to burn. No emulsion either. The only problem is they only print on lights preferably white. When they figure out how to print on black it will be cool. What do you think?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Have you got any links to these please? Keen to see one

·
Registered
401 Posts
I want one! That must be what CP have just invested in. I wonder how long it takes to set up as time is money is this business!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A guy selling the Brother T-Shirt Printer made me a shirt at the Atlantic Ciry ISS show it was like 5-10 minutes he also already had the design. Of course the T-Shirt said Brother Garment Printer good sample though what you do is you load the t shirt then after its done printing you put it under a heat press for a few seconds to dry the ink. Long enough to dry short enough to not scorch the shirt. The best part is that there is no hard artwork and no more printouts. Well of course you're going to print it out on plain white Paper for sizing but at least white paper is much cheaper then 1 dollar velum. The one claims it can print on darks don't remember who though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
These machines look great. I notice we have a distributor here in the UK so I'm going to take a look asap.
I've used sublimation for some time now, gave up printing onto T-Shirts due to inaceptable results. Are these machines really as good as they look?
Justin

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am really interested in finding informtion about what printers are available and what they can and can't do. If anyone has any info or links please advise.

Monterey Bay Embroidery
Thanks
CK

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Personally, I'd say wait until they drop to a more reasonable price and possibly until they can do more. As it is, they can't do much more than regular heat transfer methods and cost a LOT more.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The bottom line is can you make more money with this thing than other methods?
Does it have any advantage that makes it worth spending $11,000 on?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Well I don't know much about it, but I imagine you can at least A> save money on buying transfer paper and B> save time printing directly. You supposedly can also do dark_er_ shirts, but still nothing past a medium shade AFAIK.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I got a few sample prints through. They look really good, definition is very good and colours seem quite vibrant (I know a double pass with the printer makes them a lot brighter) only real problem I could see with the samples was that the colours seem to bleed around the edges.

UK dealers want around $18,000 believe it or not! I won't be buying until proces drop considerably. I think if they cost up to $5,000 I could justify getting one, they really do look useful. I guess we'll have to watch this space for the price drops!

Justin

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
For all out there that's considering this new trend in direct to T-shirt printing, I have a cost effective solution. FYI my company had developed this technology some time ago. I recently decided to make them available, they are all based on quality Epson parts. These machines are priced at a fraction of the cost of others and are in all respects the same thing, they may look different on the outside but the insides are the same. For the first wave of orders we can make you a great deal. Please check out and compare apples to apples on our web site. For additional information please contact us directly. This will become a standard in the very near future for most types of garment printing. Because we are the designers of the machine we can tailor one to suit your needs. I also have an ink set with custom profiles that rival screen inks.

http://belquette.com/pages/5/index.htm

1 - 20 of 27 Posts